Noob

vrocko

Oct 24, 2011
Hey all,
Just joined recently and got a Sylvania tablet, SYTABBL7-7406, which was cheap for all that it does. It's seems really fast to me, am I right in that the processor is a 1 GHz? The manual said it was and it really screams compared to a Nextbook Next2 that I have. I've not got too much chance to play with it but I hope to tonight. Any suggestions on apps to add? I definitely want to get the Skyfire browser since it can run some Flash. Games of course I'll download and I'll see what other useful apps I can find.

Also noticed that it has 2 mini-USB ports and no cable for the Tablet to the PC. How come? I mean I can only use one mini-USB at a time right? Why no cable to PC either? Just thought that was odd. Don't have an HD TV yet but hope I can use the HDMI connection at some time in the near future. Really a great tablet, in my opinion, for $100.00.

One other question, should I get a screen cover for it for scratch protection and where can I find a 7" screen protector? I had to rig two smaller ones to fit my Next2 and would prefer 1 whole one to cover the screen on the Sylvania. Thanks!

Rich

Jv90

Apr 23, 2011
hi and welcome to the forum, yes this tabs run very well with froyo 2.2 and they have potential; if you want some programs to your tablet, just search for a thread that I opened before called "useful apks" right here on this forum, so you would find "kaiten mail(galaxy tab look alike mail), "jorte" calendar, and few others that would fix, and gain potential to the tab, there is also a new apk (at least for me) that allow you to stream internet TV channels whitout using any flash player....call TV channer(free on the market)

Sent from my Sytabex7 Android Tablet