Noob's Tutorial request

cdkelly5

Feb 8, 2011
All,
I will post this also over at XDA.
I realize that I am a noob here and take it all in stride. 20 yrs in the US Navy can do that for you. Anyway…
I have a BB version of the S7. Rooted it with Z4Root, and have followed Xaueious Windows install for the recovery.

I have poured over both sites and have just not found a clear cut tutorial on the flashing or back up procedures. “Arqueiro” said it best need a dummies guide to this.

I also saw on one for the posts concerning not using a certain file type in the flashing process, as it causes the S7 to not take any more updates I think. I want to avoid that.
So, now getting to the point.

I know I should perform a back up first, so is that done with the recovery? If so how? I am sure that this post will help all of us noob’s out here.

How do I flash the Singapore ROM?
What are the watch out’s in the process. I am not scared of borking my tab (Do not want to Brick it though) as it is all a learning process and I am eager to learn.
To that I would also accept some encouragement as to how to start learning how to learn the development of firmware and ROM’s. I have my PC set up following the Developers site and picked up a couple of Java tutorials. What are some good tutorial’s and guides to follow?

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
To flash the Singapore ROM, you need to prepare a microsd formatted to be readable with the S7. Then create a folder named UPDATA, and drop the firmware files inside it. The firmware updates begins at next startup if all went well. You will lose all data.

cdkelly5

Feb 8, 2011
Do I need to put in the files updata.app and unlmt.cfg as i have seen in many posts?