Nook App on Nook Color

ruidh

Feb 29, 2012
I have the Nook app installed on a NC rooted with CM7 on an sdcard. I'd really like the Nook app to use the Books already downloaded onto the internal storage of the NC.

With Root Explorer, I can see the books in /emmc/B&N Downloads/Books. I can see that, when running the Nook App, it downloads books to /sdcard/Nook/Content.

Is there a way to create a filesystem soft link to /emmc/B&N Downloads/Books in /sdcard/Nook?

Has anyone tried this? Succeeded?

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
I don't think this will work. The Nook Color native reader on the internal memory is different than the B&N Android app. So even if you point it at the files on the internal memory they may not work. One question to ask yourself is do you need the stock B&N OS and reader for any reason? If it turns out that you are using CM7 all the time then there is no reason to download the books in the stock reader. Taking it one step further there may be no reason to leave the stock OS in internal memory.

If you do have reasons to keep the stock OS and frequently change between B&N internal and CM7 on a bootable SD card then you may have to come to grips that essentially you have two entirely different devices with apps and settings that are not going to be shareable between the two. Just as you'd have to put apps onto each separate tablet you own, having CM7 on a bootable SD works the same as if it were its own separate tablet.

JP

ruidh

Feb 29, 2012
I guess you're right. I copied an epub from the Nook side over to the sdcard and the Nook app didn't recognize it.

I like the flexibility that being able to boot from SD gives me. the waste of the internal memory offends me.

1hen2ducks

Mar 7, 2011
B&N has put out a Nook App update that may or may not improve life for Nook App aficionados like those of us with multiple devices. Anybody got a clue ? I tried to find the actual apk but failed.
Any advice would help.

Also, isn't it possible to convert using Calibre and then load to Nook App ??

1hen2ducks