Nook Color 1.1.0 rooted but cannot get ADB to work

j3enator

Mar 7, 2011
Ok so, I've managed to get to ADB USB Interface (not ADB USB Composite Interface) in the Device Manager.

Went into cmd.prompt and typed adb devices and no serial number came up. typed adb reboot, and it said there was error device not found.

On the device manager I am able to see Android Phone, and the usb plugged into my laptop actually charges my nook color, but cannot access adb devices.

Someone help?

Sir Robin

Jan 22, 2011
I have the same problem, my device manager actually shows nook color but only as an external drive, I cannot update the drivers even with the easy adb files I found.

So I cannot access through adb and cannot try the location fix. I was going to see if the wireless adb worked but I don't see how it will if I cannot get usb to work.

j0ckinjz

Mar 15, 2011
With the version 1.1 update, ADB will not stay active after a reboot or unplug of the cable. To enable each time you want to use it, you will have to go into NookColor Tools /All Settings/Development/USB debugging, you will have to uncheck the box and then recheck it.
Did you try that?

avi

Staff member
Jan 27, 2011
Nope, I believe he tried WiFi method from my link.

Sir Robin

Jan 22, 2011
I am on 1.01 I believe, don't have the nook handy. I will still try to check and uncheck. I did not get the location fix to work over wifi. I was also thinking that I might be able to connect by USB after that, still can't, Kryos and Aria work fine not sure what else try but then again I barely know what I am doing.