nook color 1.1.0 rooted .... no android settings

tocoty

Jan 4, 2011
$11-03-07-2.png this is the image i get when i click on the "settings com.android in nookcolor tools ... instead of any settings ...
cannot believe i was able to post this screenshot ... i'm progressing, i think

tocoty

Jan 4, 2011
I'm in the same boat as tocoty.. So you aren't crazy, dude =) I lauch Nook Tools, see "keyboard" and "all settings" Nothing, anywhere, lists an alternate keyboard. Long tapping in a text window never brings up the "choose keyboard" menu people have mentioned elsewhere.

go into nookcolor tools, click on "all settings", scroll down to "settings ...com.android.settings ...there are two of these...

when u open each, what do you find??
thanks

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
View attachment 1487 this is the image i get when i click on the "settings com.android in nookcolor tools ... instead of any settings ...
cannot believe i was able to post this screenshot ... i'm progressing, i think

I see what you are doing now. As I said there is no way to get every setting detail as in a stock android rom. Your NCtools work fine just that title Settings (com.android.settings) setting 1) GSM band and 2) NC stock setting. Most all settings can be found in the menus in NC tools, you just have to go through all the menus to find what settings you are looking for. This tool was created to simulate or access all settings you would usually find in a stock android settings. The com.android.setting pic you posted is a hidden setting in android for setting the phone band. The NC not being a phone, we won't have any use for this settings. I think the author of probably used generic Settings (com.android.settings) b/c there is not stock category for these settings.

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
Well as for syncing and keyboard, with this modified version of 2.1 the NC has, there is no syncing. Users are downloading a syncing app off the market to sync and for keyboard the only settings are nctools > all settings > 1st Settings (com.android.settings) > keyboard (which doesn't seem to work for me)

RaVenJ

Jan 24, 2011
Well as for syncing and keyboard, with this modified version of 2.1 the NC has, there is no syncing. Users are downloading a syncing app off the market to sync and for keyboard the only settings are nctools > all settings > 1st Settings (com.android.settings) > keyboard (which doesn't seem to work for me)

What kind of "syncing app"? Can you step-by-step what it takes to make a new keyboard work?

tocoty, I see the same thing you posted the pic of.

tocoty

Jan 4, 2011
THANKS so much. from what u say, i now feel like my cn is in fact acting normal. i'll look for the syncg app. and wait for 2.2 to come from B&N.
again
thanks to all .................

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010

uhonog

Jul 5, 2011
Synker app/widget has been said to work well on the Nookcolor. It can be found on Appbrain and the Android Market.Synker Beta - Android Sync Widget | www.afterhoursdevelopers.comI don't know how to get alternate keyboards to work, haven't tried or done any research.
I have Nook Color 1.2 rooted successfully and I have the same problem, i. e. the items list in "All Settings" is too short, and I have the same problem with keyboard.Any idea?