Nook Color 1.3 (ManualNoot) Stuck on Boot Screen

BCable

Oct 24, 2011
I've literally factory reset this thing about 50 times now over the last 2 weeks trying to figure out what is going on. I think I have a slight idea, but I can't sure that I'm even thinking in the right direction.

Power+Nook Home+Volume Up -> Factory Reset

Following these instructions to root 1.3 (this happened for 1.2 as well!):

[NC][1.2][1.3] ManualNooter 4.6.16 - xda-developers

I've gone as far as even plugging in the device to power it like it says, I'm doing it word for word.

1) CWM: 3.0.2.8
2) ManualNooter: 4.5.18, then 4.6.16
3) RomManager -> Fix Permissions
4) Market register bull****, then install Titanium

This is where my theories come to place. I think that the automatic updating by the Market is causing problems. It updates stuff like Superuser, which people say "ignore the button that says Superuser is out of date".... well it's updating automatically.

I've tried freezing Market Update from Titanium, but that doesn't work.Is there any way to turn off ALL updates? This is really annoying to have to reset my Nook twice a day.

I've reread the same 10 pages of the same book over and over again because of this.... I can't ever remember where I left off! (nonfiction, heh, and no working WiFi where I work)

Last edited:

BCable

Oct 24, 2011
Okay I just did another wipe, uninstalled Flash (and AIR), and applied that zip. A lot of things updated including the Market, so I rebooted. Everything worked fine!!!

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!

I'll let you know if things get wonky again. I'm pretty confident that everything's alright since Market updated.