Nook Color App - Bluetooth???

Rhonda19

Mar 5, 2011
I have a question for you... I wanted to run Bluetooth on my NC, but didn't want to try putting another system on it. I did root it using the autonooter.

Looking through the market, I found the following app.... Wireless tether for root users, and its a free app. I did download it just to try, and it first popped up with a couple of error messages, saying I didn't have a Netfilter enabled kernel?

Has anyone used this app before, and if so did it work on the external bluetooth keyboard?

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
Wireless tether apps is to share internet bandwdth via wifi with other devices. For instance, someone with a android phone can use this app to share their 3G/4G connection with other devices using wifi. This apps only uses wifi, making the device running the app a wifi hotspot. Currently, there is only one way to turn on the bluetooth hardware we have on our Nook Colors, is to use CM7 rom (android 2.3).

Trixiem

Feb 16, 2011
The cm7 rom is nice. Bluetooth works decent. But there are some drawbacks, some programs display in a small box.

And i only played with the BT for a second but my control worked fine, but i had issues with my headset.

Rhonda19

Mar 5, 2011
The cm7 rom is nice. Bluetooth works decent. But there are some drawbacks, some programs display in a small box.

And i only played with the BT for a second but my control worked fine, but i had issues with my headset.

Well, it looks like I'm just going to have to buy a tablet... Have any of you ever bought one off of ebay??

Stelv

Jan 12, 2011
I have bought two phones off of ebay but not a tablet. You want to buy from a top rated seller probably that will take returns if product isnt as described. Read negative feedback on a seller for conflicts.

We r hoping that barnes and noble enables bluetooth with the next stock release. But who knows there are no details yet. Custom rom is the only way for bluetooth as of now.

sent from my rooted nook color

AnimaTechnica

Nov 4, 2010
Just be careful with the ebay sellers. Lots of shanzai tablets that look good on paper but not so good in reality. Also some these require a return to China if defective and the cost of supping might be the same as cost of tablet. Recommend going with top tier only to save yourself potential headache

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk

Rhonda19

Mar 5, 2011
I think I am going to get one from Best Buy, 2 1/2 hours from home.... :)
Simply for the reasons described above!! I have bought many things off ebay, but to buy a tablet? Think I'll go with Best buy!
Thanks everyone!

Rhonda19

Mar 5, 2011
I bought my NC from eBay, however, it was from B&N's eBay store, so it doesn't really count.

Gee.... I didn't know that B & N had an online store!! (LOL)

I didn't get to Best Buy, but did go to Office Depot. They were all out of their tablets, and the clerk said they were not reordering due to the new models coming out that have the Honeycomb.... so, I'll keep looking...
Thanks

Rhonda19

Mar 5, 2011
You know, I feel like a nut for buying a 2.2 android tablet, when I could just root the one I have.... But, If I do decide to go ahead and buy one, does anyone know if this tablet is ok?? I can't find any reviews...
Android 2.2 Tablet Cortex A8 Touch Screen Support Flash Bluetooth Gps Wifi

Thanks

AnimaTechnica

Nov 4, 2010
Rhonda, the listing sounds like something you will find in a shanzai tablet - which most likely lead to disappointment - these usually have bad touch insensitive screens, not as bright/crisp as your nook color - also they've been known to state a frequency/processor but the actual frequency is something much less

The other potential issue is market support, often these don't support the market and come with thier own market access which made some news in the recent past for having malware payload in the apps

Cortex A8 is a modern processor but it is the name of the design and it can be made by various manufacturers like Samsung, Freescale etc.. not listing the manufacturer means it might be generic hence the caution radar pops up

and finally - the support - you will not ever experience the kind of support you get here at AT - you might wait 1,2 or even 5 days for a reply from shanzai vendors and when you do most likely not as actionable as you get here

my suggestion, proceed with caution, my recommendation, go with a tier 1 brand - the $100 you save now might turn into a nightmare later

You know, I feel like a nut for buying a 2.2 android tablet, when I could just root the one I have.... But, If I do decide to go ahead and buy one, does anyone know if this tablet is ok?? I can't find any reviews...
Android 2.2 Tablet Cortex A8 Touch Screen Support Flash Bluetooth Gps Wifi

Thanks

Last edited:

Rhonda19

Mar 5, 2011
Rhonda, the listing sounds like something you will find in a shanzai tablet - which most likely lead to disappointment - these usually have bad touch insensitive screens, not as bright/crisp as your nook color - also they've been known to state a frequency/processor but the actual frequency is something much less

The other potential issue is market support, often these don't support the market and come with thier own market access which made some news in the recent past for having malware payload in the apps

Cortex A8 is a modern processor but it is the name of the design and it can be made by various manufacturers like Samsung, Freescale etc.. not listing the manufacturer means it might be generic hence the caution radar pops up

and finally - the support - you will not ever experience the kind of support you get here at AT - you might wait 1,2 or even 5 days for a reply from shanzai vendors and when you do most likely not as actionable as you get here

my suggestion, proceed with caution, my recommendation, go with a tier 1 brand - the $100 you save now might turn into a nightmare later

Thank you for that!! I appreciate it!! That's the problem... there are so many Tablets out there, and the price range is large! There are tablets that feature 2.2. and start at 139.00..so a newbie like me has no idea what she's getting.

AnimaTechnica

Nov 4, 2010
no problem, i have mixed experience with those tablets and it is really hit or miss, my first one was good, my second and third were crap - so thought i'd save somebody else the heartache

Rhonda19

Mar 5, 2011
no problem, i have mixed experience with those tablets and it is really hit or miss, my first one was good, my second and third were crap - so thought i'd save somebody else the heartache

So ... which one do you suggest. As I stated in previous threads.. I'd really like to just root my nook to the Froyo. But, there have been several people that have had issues with the market once they install it. The video I am using gives some instructions on how to fix that, but again... I am new to this, and unsure if I can do this.

I wonder if I were to try the Froyo, and I mess it up, could I just wipe it, and then reinstall with the autonooter??