Nook Color for $224.48 +tax with Free 2-day Express Shipping

Discussion in 'Nook' started by tigersgt, Dec 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tigersgt

tigersgt Member

I found the cheapest way to get a brand new Nook Color from the offical B&N with full warranty for only $224.48+tax, plus free shipping and would like to share this with everyone in this forum.

Here is how:
    1. Click here - This will lead you to a reputable cashback website sign-up page. I registered since 2007 and received over a few hundred cashback so far.

2. Sign up as a new member. It will only need an email address. Set a pin. By signing up as a new member, you will receive $5 cashback as bonus instantly (immediately shown in your account).

3. After you sign up, you will be allowed into the popular cashback website. At the homepage, find the "Book & Magazines" category at the left column. When your cursor touches it, then you will see a drop down list and find "Barnes and Nobel 8% cash back" at the top. Click it. After viewing a cashback confirmation ticket #, you are at the official B&N website. At the B&N website, find your dream Nook Color. Place one into the cart and check out. Currently, at B&N website, Nook Color is shipping for free. By finishing this step, you will get $19.92 (249*8%=19.92) cashback. Sorry, state tax not qualified for cashback. It will take 2~3 days for $19.92 shown in your cashback account.

4. Expect your Nook Color in next a few days. If you join their free two-month membership, you will get free 2-day express shipping. Then, expect your total $24.52 (5+19.92=24.52) cashback check around 2/15/2011.You end up with paying only $224.48 +tax for a brand new Nook Color.

Best price anywhere now!!! (Remember to cancel the B&N membership within two month if you don't need it after all.)

You can save even more if you have an B&N credit card. Use it and you will save additional 5% or $12.45.

This site also has a 4% cashback at AliExpress. Great saving if you are looking to buy other Android Tablets there.

Please feel free to PM me if you have any questions.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2010
  2. JackOnan

JackOnan Member

Tablet / Device:
    NOOKcolor
    A quick search of google for "ebates AND scam" shows that alot of people have not gotten their money. At the very least, they report very poor customer service. I think I will have to pass.

3. ainyul

ainyul Member

^thks for sharing; now that Nook <may> have android 2.2 this will be the most economical priced fully functional android tablet...!!

4. tigersgt

tigersgt Member

I have been using them without a problem and they ARE accredited by the Better Business Bureau with an A+ rating. link

5. feverhost

feverhost Super Moderator Staff Member

Tablet / Device:
    My Tablets: Pandigital White Novel - aPad iRobot RK2818 - Motorola Xoom 4G (Rooted JellyBean 4.1.2) - Kindle Fire - Novo Elf 7" - HP Slate 7" - Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro
    I'm usually hesitant when people post to websites with a "referrer-id".. but that's just me ;)

6. ChosenGSR

ChosenGSR Member

7. DallasAndroid

DallasAndroid Member

Tablet / Device:
    Droid Incredible
    Do u know if a B&N gift card can be used in connection with the ebates cash-back?

8. evoNC

evoNC Senior Member

Tablet / Device:
    HTC Evo, Nook Color
    Ebates worked for me. The current CB is at 4%, but you do get a sign-up bonus. I chose the $10 BN gift card. All in all, 8% in savings. I just got my check (before receiving my NC), but didn't get my bonus gift card yet.

9. tigersgt

tigersgt Member

Yes, I used B&N gift card to pay for my NC.

10. jyams

jyams Member

Tablet / Device:
    Nook Color Rooted
    Ebates worked for me too. Got 8% off the Nook and the cover plus free shipping. Figured I got the nook for about $224. Not bad. It's rooted and smoking with REV303 Android 2.2.1. I use it all day at the office, restaurants, etc. Man, this is the best $224 I ever spent!! This NookColor works so well I don't want to mess with it. Thinking about getting a 2nd one to play around with new ROMS off XDA. Can't wait for HC 3.0 to get developed. I'll wait for a stable version and then upgrade my Nook. This little thing rocks. At my office (am an executive at a small software company) everyone is impressed with this little wonder. I've got Apple / Mac freaks everywhere, but my little NookColor holds ground with their Ipads, especially when i tell them what I paid and how much fun it was to root and customize. Try that with an Ipad!!

11. idontknow

idontknow Alternate ATF App Tester

Tablet / Device:
    galaxy note,galaxy 8.9 ,nook color
    I agree with you jyams, this tablet is amazing and when one think of how much he payed fom it, it's even more amazing!
    Another thing I love about it , it's the size. I'm never home and so to be able to carry my nook in my purse all the time is awesome.
    BTW, I haven't seen your screenshot on my thread-just SCREENSHOT- yet. Come over at- themes and wallpapers-and post as many times as you change your screen appearance.
    Gloria

12. tenbbs

tenbbs Member

Tablet / Device:
    D2G
    Can you elaborate on how to get that discount? I just looked through the https://ultimaterewards.chase.com/ site and I can't find an 8% discount listed. They do explain that you earn 7 points per dollars spent at BN.com, which is a lot more than they give for most online retailers, but nothing about 8% cash back.

13. tenbbs

tenbbs Member

Tablet / Device:
    D2G
    OK, I see where you're going with that now... 2000 points buys you a 20$ check.

What's the +1? That might be your Freedom Card.
    I have the Sapphire card and it's offering me 7 points per dollar at B&N. So for me it comes out to... 7*250=1750, so that's essentially $17.50 off, a 7% discount making the Nook Color net cost $232.50

Which is still better than full price! Good deal man, I'm going to do that right now.

I also noticed that on my Continental Airlines Chase card, I'm getting 8 miles per $1 spent at B&N. 2000 miles earned for a Nook Color, puts me 8% of the way to a free roundtrip ticket, which typically requires 25,000 miles.

So using a Chase Credit card is definitely the way to go to buy ANYTHING at B&N!

14. tigersgt

tigersgt Member

Now it's 8% and it applies to the New Nook Color 2 as well.

15. Spider

Spider Administrator Staff Member

Tablet / Device:
    NOOK Tablet Stock NOOKcolor Rooted/Flashed Nexus 7 (2013) 32GB Stock
    Resurrecting this year old thread is pointless given that B&N is selling the Nook Color for $199

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.