Nook Color Froyo - Apps??

Rhonda19

Mar 5, 2011
I found a website that shows a step by step video on how to download Froyo to Nook Color. It seems relatively easy, and I was all set until I started reading websites while my 2 files were downloading.

My question is ... How many people have Froyo on their NC? and if you do, how many people had trouble getting the market apps afterwards?

Thank you

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
A website besides here? :)

If you look around the technical section, there are many of us running 2.2: froyo 2.2 or phiremod beta2. It's pretty easy to do once you have Clockworkmod recovery installed. There are threads here in the technical section for both roms. Once you have CWM recovery all you need is the rom you want to us and place it on the root (main) directory of you SD card. I personally recommend phiremod beta2. it is very nice with a small amount of minor issues, which most have workarounds.

Side note: the the NC will be getting android 2.2 with flash and apps next month so you may just want to sit tight.

Last edited:

kabbie1882

Feb 24, 2011
I found a website that shows a step by step video on how to download Froyo to Nook Color. It seems relatively easy, and I was all set until I started reading websites while my 2 files were downloading.

My question is ... How many people have Froyo on their NC? and if you do, how many people had trouble getting the market apps afterwards?

Thank you

Here you go.
Barnes & Noble Nook Color: Full Update Guide - CyanogenMod Wiki
Turns your nook into a Android 2.3 running and bluetooth working tablet.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Has B&N said anything about the possibility of Android 3.0?

Not going to happen. Google announced it has locked down Honeycomb except to a very few select number of partners. I am more than 90% certain B&N is not one of them.

Dec 17, 2010
Not going to happen. Google announced it has locked down Honeycomb except to a very few select number of partners. I am more than 90% certain B&N is not one of them.

Some other sites are claiming this will only be temporary.

If it isn't, maybe the Android community could create a fork in Android 2 that has some of the new Android 3 features.

Rhonda19

Mar 5, 2011
A website besides here? :)

If you look around the technical section, there are many of us running 2.2: froyo 2.2 or phiremod beta2. It's pretty easy to do once you have Clockworkmod recovery installed. There are threads here in the technical section for both roms. Once you have CWM recovery all you need is the rom you want to us and place it on the root (main) directory of you SD card. I personally recommend phiremod beta2. it is very nice with a small amount of minor issues, which most have workarounds.

Side note: the the NC will be getting android 2.2 with flash and apps next month so you may just want to sit tight.

I have rooted my NC to an Android using the autonooter...if B & N go ahead and release the android 2.2 with flash and apps, will I be able to get that one.

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
I have rooted my NC to an Android using the autonooter...if B & N go ahead and release the android 2.2 with flash and apps, will I be able to get that one.

I'm sure you won't be the only one, many will be quite happy and content with having flash and a few common apps without having to root. For everyone else, we still will have a bunch of custom roms and future rom development to pick from and look forward too. It seem in a few weeks there will be nice option for anyone, regardless of their technical knowledge, that wants a Nook Color.

Rhonda19

Mar 5, 2011
Side note: the the NC will be getting android 2.2 with flash and apps next month so you may just want to sit tight. quote by rico2001

I still am thinking I would like to go ahead and install the Froyo. Of course, I do have questions..( sorry guys)
After doing " alot " of reading, I have some mixed info... One place said, (Nook Dev.) that if you install Froyo, you must reset the NC to factory default before you do it. ... Second place said, ( website) that you do not have to reset to factory default..

The website that said you do not have to reset, had quite a few reviews that stated after installing that they could not download market apps. Do you think that is caused by not re-setting the NC back to factory??

Just wanted to get your opinions before I do this!!