Nook color goes to sleep and wont wake.

TNRonin

Sep 5, 2011
I have a NC with the N2A card. I've been dealing with these failure to wake. My tablet will either go to sleep or I out it to sleep. When I go to wake it I get nothing on the screen. It is still alive because I'll get notices but I can't get the screen on. I have to force it to power down then go through the reboot. It will happen whether its sleeping for a half hour or thirty seconds. No rhyme or reason. Its quite frustrating.

sent via nookcolor N2A.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Sounds like the Sleep Of Death (SOD) issue. This is well known with certain versions of CM7 including the latest stable. A quick search should turn up several posts for more info. Turn off wifi when not in use particularly before the Nook goes to sleep and you should be able to avoid the issue. There are other more permanent fixes to try but nothing confirmed to work consistently.

TNRonin

Sep 5, 2011
Sounds like the Sleep Of Death (SOD) issue. This is well known with certain versions of CM7 including the latest stable. A quick search should turn up several posts for more info. Turn off wifi when not in use particularly before the Nook goes to sleep and you should be able to avoid the issue. There are other more permanent fixes to try but nothing confirmed to work consistently.

Thanks!

sent via nookcolor N2A.

1hen2ducks

Mar 7, 2011
I don't know if your N2A card and CM7 Nightly Builds can get along but if you can load Nightlies, I suggest you try Nightly 253M.
Find it here: [CM7] Discussion of Nightlies - CyanogenMod Forum - Page 88
I have been using it for two weeks and it has preformed without flaw. No more SOD,, WiFi full time.
My NC CM7.1-253M has been on for two weeks without need for a reboot.
Quad speeds still read around 2500 so there was no major change there.

Hope this helps
1hen2ducks