Nook Color running CM7 won't connect

Rhonda19

Mar 5, 2011
I recently rooted my Nook Color to CM7, and have gotten used it! Today, however, it will not connect to the internet. It won't even pick up the wireless networks that I know are around me, and did pick up .

I have turned it off, turned it off using the power button and button together, turned the WI-FI off and turned it back on, and still nothing?

Anyone have any ideas?

Stelv

Jan 12, 2011
Try a different rom or version of cm7. Maybe you have a corrupt rom file. Make sure you have a clockwork backup of your system and then wipe data and cache in cwr before installing a new rom. See if that helps.

Sent from my fascinate

Rhonda19

Mar 5, 2011
Try a different rom or version of cm7. Maybe you have a corrupt rom file. Make sure you have a clockwork backup of your system and then wipe data and cache in cwr before installing a new rom. See if that helps.

Sent from my fascinate

I got it fixed! Not sure really what I did, though.. I cleared all the internet options, and did a reboot. Before it went down though, I had tried to connect to bluetooth, and I'm not sure if that did it or not?

In looking at all the settings last night, I ran across two that I was wondering about. Its the Re-set to factory default? and Clearing the cache ?

Stelv

Jan 12, 2011
The Bluetooth may have caused a conflict, not sure. It's good it is working now. I am on phiremod 5.3 which cm7 based. It takes a while for wifi to come on after the nook has been on sleep.

I have never tried to factory re-set with in settings, it's probably not a good idea. It's better to factory reset (wipe data) in clockwork recovery if you have to, and only if you already have a backup. It will most likely erase everything.

Clearing cache should be alright. I use an app called cache cleaner to clean cache out every 3 days or so. Clearing cache sometimes resolves conflicts too. It is good to have a little cache built up though so that apps can run faster.

Last edited: