nook screen defect?

bobsilver

Jan 10, 2011
When i am using my nook to read a book with a white screen i have a faint yellow tint that shows on the left side of the screen. I don't notice it on any apps that i run except for the occasional web page. Has anyone else seen this? It is more annoying then anything else. But i am wondering if i have a bad book. Otherwise all else is good

Bob Silver
Rooted 1.01

jdog

Jan 26, 2011
Hmm. That sounds like something is causing pressure on the screen in that area. I can cause a yellow tint by pressing on the edge bezel with my finger. I have an area on mine where the bezel doesn't seem to be glued down well. You can't tell unless you look from the side. Maybe yours got the extra glue mine is missing. :)

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
There will always edge light leakage with any lcd, but if there is a clear area of bad color then you have a lcd that may be going bad. Had a HTC Snap once that overtime developed a nice slight purple spot. Yes you could press on it and make light draw to that area but it was still a bad spot. Brought a new lcd, swapped it out and was back in business.

darmeen

Jan 8, 2011
You could try downloading something like Color Flashlight (or any other flashlight app) that will give you a pure white light over the entire screen, then you could verify that your screen was going out.

Last edited:

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
Vic you spelled spelling wrong in your reason for editing for spelling. That's awesome, its' all good man. :)

sorry that is off subject but good laugh for the night.

darmeen

Jan 8, 2011
Vic you spelled spelling wrong in your reason for editing for spelling. That's awesome, its' all good man. :)

sorry that is off subject but good laugh for the night.

LOL, that was actually intentional...after all, it was bad speeling that made me go back and change my spelling! LOL Glad I could give you a laugh.

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
I remember reading about some drugs that make people see white or yellow lights coming out of computers screens... was it marj,...no I think some.new synthetic drug......wait...was it. that mushroom that grows on the mountais in Mexico?
Eh eh eh....you tell me guys!