NOOK TABLET give-away

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
Hmmmm....... April fools - well let me give it a try. If you want to make a difference in somebody's life then send it to Africa. I would be happy to cover the freight and give it over to Bombolulu Workshops and Cultural Center.

I have writen about this project before. They teach disbled people new skills to enable them to live a normal life. (.:* APDK - Bombolulu Cultural Centre * :.). I am sure that a tablet would make a huge difference. We need to pimp it up with some books etc. but again I will take care of that.

If I am the lucky winner I will post the pictures here on the forum :)

Nedless to say ,if somebody wins a Tablet and doesn't need it, some kid as far as Africa can have a use for it ,gift, donation,prize, however one wants to call it ,I'm sure it will be welcome, right Tanzanite?

Samsung Galaxy Note

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Call it what you want. I call it thoughtful :D

Now that I have my own NT I can figure out how to make instructions for everybody to use. I'm sure you'll agree it is better when you know than when you don't ;)

Tanzanite

Jan 14, 2012
Nedless to say ,if somebody wins a Tablet and doesn't need it, some kid as far as Africa can have a use for it ,gift, donation,prize, however one wants to call it ,I'm sure it will be welcome, right Tanzanite?

Samsung Galaxy Note

Couldn't have said that better. And I am sure the Bombolulu team will return the favor with a beautiful Bomboluu Leather sleeve to the donor. (Just need to get that project moving)

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011

Now that I have my own NT I can figure out how to make instructions for everybody to use. I'm sure you'll agree it is better when you know than when you don't ;)

what nook Tablet are you talking about, Weebee' tablet ? Did you buy one?

Samsung Galaxy Note

Androidfonefan

Jan 14, 2012
It is a real offet Androidfonfan. ..I want to make sure it will go to somebody who doesn't have any Android device because he can't afford it.

Samsung Galaxy Note

Ah, well in that case take me off the list. I have a Toshiba Thrive and a IPad 2.
Just thought if it was free.......yah know. But if that was your purpose behind this I completely understand a commendable deed.

Weebee

Dec 1, 2011
I didn't ship it yet so if Weebee wants a Google market on it and doesn't know how and wants you to do it, I can send it to you and them you ship it to Weebee.

Samsung Galaxy Note

He rooted his Nook color and seemed to enjoy doing that. So I'll leave that up to him to do if that's what he wants. I appreciate the offer though.

Weebee

Dec 1, 2011

It was very thougtful. It makes you realize that there is still kindness out there.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
what nook Tablet are you talking about, Weebee' tablet ? Did you buy one?

Samsung Galaxy Note

Yep, I bought a NT and received it last Monday. I don't really need another tablet either and really still enjoy my Nook Color. I wanted something to work on though so I could help fill in the Nook Tablet section here. Haven't had too much time to play with the NT yet but I did root it already.

Soon I will be using it to share my explorations of what the developers have been doing for it with some simple guides for others who want to root or load CM7 on to their Nook Tablets :) I enjoy helping people out around here but it is sort of hard to do when you don't have the device in question.

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
great, congratulations,it should be a great Tablet, once rooted but I'm still not done with my nook color and I'm still waiting for one i really want.. .I like the Asus memo but it looks like its not going to happen .

Samsung Galaxy Note

Weebee

Dec 1, 2011
My kid has been going crazy watching the mailbox. Have you had a chance to ship this yet? I sent you a PM a few days ago.
Thanks!

Last edited:

Weebee

Dec 1, 2011
Well, after getting no responses from PMs or from this post I can say I was the victim of a cruel joke. Thanks Idon'tknow, my son is heart broken. You swore this was real, you even had one of the moderators here convinced this was. Karma is hell.

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
Sorry to read this, I thought the give-away was real also. I guess I just don't understand what is funny about this

J

jimbo7630

Obviously I have no idea what went wrong here, but it would be nice to find out!

Weebee

Dec 1, 2011
Nor do I. If you say you're going to do something like give a item away you should follow through and do it. Not this sort of thing.