Nook will not power up...

NattyBee

Feb 13, 2011
So...I had my NookColor at full charge, turned it off...and didn't use it for approx a week now...well tonight I tried to turn.it on and I just get a message stating that the battery is too low to power on... I have been charging it for 30 minites...and i'm still getting this error message telling me to wait 15 minutes and try again...

What can I do?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

faceman

Staff member
Jan 21, 2011
It's one of those situations where EXTRA patience is a good thing, and by god of all gadgets - don't watch it charge... you know the NOOKcolor is just a child still and gets embarrassed if watched too closely while it "charges". :)

NattyBee

Feb 13, 2011
Thanks guys...I let it charge overnight and its up to 70%...its just strange because it went dead within a week of being powered off, and its taking so LONG to charge back up.... :p

darmeen

Jan 8, 2011
Did you actually power it off, or just let it sleep?

You would think it would hold its charge longer, but there is no telling what went on.

NattyBee

Feb 13, 2011
Did you actually power it off, or just let it sleep?

You would think it would hold its charge longer, but there is no telling what went on.

Well, I pressed the power button...then selected Power Off. Then when it prompted me that this will shut down the device, I selected Shut Down or Power Off (whatever it is) and it powered down...unless there is a problem with the Power Menu or Power Off process, I would say I actually powered it off...

In case it's relevant, I am running HC V4 2nd edition...

darmeen

Jan 8, 2011
In case it's relevant, I am running HC V4 2nd edition...

It is probably very relevant...You are on the absolute fringe of NC OS tech...and running an OS that was pieced together from the Preview SDK emulator, and certainly not intended to be an eMMC daily driver. There isn't much we can do to help your issues...we can offer suggestions, but they are going to be pseudo-educated guesses.

Its kinda like living out in the wilderness, its hard to get good emergency medical attention from way out there.

NattyBee

Feb 13, 2011
It is probably very relevant...You are on the absolute fringe of NC OS tech...and running an OS that was pieced together from the Preview SDK emulator, and certainly not intended to be an eMMC daily driver. There isn't much we can do to help your issues...we can offer suggestions, but they are going to be pseudo-educated guesses.

Its kinda like living out in the wilderness, its hard to get good emergency medical attention from way out there.

Gotcha...that's pretty much what I was thinkin... but if I go over to Phiremod or stock CM7 I should be back in more normal territory right?

darmeen

Jan 8, 2011
Oh yeah, at least those are working with the full SDK.

CM7 is the more cutting edge of those two, with daily updates...but I still believe that the phiremod beta v2 is the most stable of the custom ROM's at this point (which is why I haven't moved yet)

Trixiem

Feb 16, 2011
i have the same damn problem. i flashed HC v4 yesterday. fell asleep and woke up to the power low screen. i can't even get it to boot to CWR SD.

btw phiremod doesn't run stable for me, and i can't seem to rid the stupid no signal icons, it freezes everytime i change the two JAR files. The wifi sucks, my wireless N router is in my room about 6 feet from my desk and the wifi connection on my nook color in phiremod v2 v3 and v4 drops signal while in my room. If i could get around this i'd go back to phiremod in a second.

darmeen

Jan 8, 2011
very interesting trixiem...I have been very stable on v2 for a couple weeks now...have only had a couple force closes the whole time, and never on an app that I use often, typically only on a new app.