NOOKcolor Accessories

RASTAVIPER

Feb 21, 2011
And its working!It has some lag and some letters are typed twice but maybe its also a BT connection matter.
Dont know how I could add Greek language to this.
I have put some photos.

Attachments

• $13042011004 (Large).jpg
    $13042011004 (Large).jpg
    143.2 KB · Views: 383
  • $13042011005 (Large).jpg
    $13042011005 (Large).jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 397

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
That looks like a pretty nice little keyboard. How does it feel to type on?

RASTAVIPER

Feb 21, 2011
The buttons are little round but you cant really miss some if you are used to normal keyboards.
It has most buttons (qwerty + arrows +F1-12).

traderfl

Apr 7, 2011
Any opinions on the best screen protectors? My dad got one but i dont think it was cut quite right and didnt fit as well as it should IMO. The others ive seen in best buy etc say they work for multiple devices and am leery of those.
I got one over at Amazon from a company named Aurum , had a good fit and cut down on the fingerprints, alot!

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
^Nice looking case, kind of what I'm looking for. Thanks for the promo code.

Last edited by a moderator:

goitch

Mar 24, 2011
gelaskins has some good ones. i have one from them, great fit and you get free wallpaper to complete look.

LocalStain

Feb 10, 2011
Lots of great "Book" Cases here, iPad Kindle3 and Nook Book Style cases by Rookcase on Etsy just make sure that they are compatible with the NC. Check under the "published books, ereaders" link on the left. Just ordered this one
il_570xN.238607280.jpg
il_570xN.238625505.jpg

Heh heh, Tom Sawyer, painting fences.... Ironically enough I just ordered one of these Moleskine e-Reader Cover + Volant Notebook (Kindle2), MoleskineUS so it will have to house my 2nd NC. :DYeah I have decided to buy another one:D. I want one with the stock/update/rooted so I can have a dedicated ereader. Thus the classy Samuel Clemens Cover.

Cheers,

LS

surfmly29

Mar 16, 2011
Hey all - good thread going. Was looking to get another wall charger and possibly car charger and came to see what I found. Sounds like it may be best to bite the bullet and get official B&N chargers if you want them to charge fast and be sure to work. But agree they are costly.... I'll ask again just in case... anyone find one you can buy that works well?

Regarding covers/cases and stands. I looked at just all the ones listed in the thread above. Below is what I got and why....

Case: Industriell Cover in Storm, Barnes & Noble - Barnes & Noble
- Simple, thin, but adds protection, folds open all the way (folds back on itself so you can hold in one hand when reading) and overall small and lightweight.

Stand: Amazon.com: Arkon Portable Fold-Up Stand for Apple iPad, Galaxy Tab, BlackBerry Play Book: Electronics
- Really great. It can be used with just about any tablet. It is solid construction and has many different angles (both landscape or portrait) to set for your viewing pleasure. The main reason I went with separate case and stand is that most of the time when I am not traveling I don't need the stand and therefore, wanted a light/small cover. I travel a decent amount for work though and the stand is great on a plane for either reading or watching a movie. It folds up very small to fit in my bag so have it with me all the time, but don't have to 'lug' around the extra weight/bulk of the stand attached to the case and just pull it out when I need it.

Both work great for me. Thought I would share.

Shortyred

Mar 28, 2011
Stand: Amazon.com: Arkon Portable Fold-Up Stand for Apple iPad, Galaxy Tab, BlackBerry Play Book: Electronics
- Really great. It can be used with just about any tablet. It is solid construction and has many different angles (both landscape or portrait) to set for your viewing pleasure. The main reason I went with separate case and stand is that most of the time when I am not traveling I don't need the stand and therefore, wanted a light/small cover. I travel a decent amount for work though and the stand is great on a plane for either reading or watching a movie. It folds up very small to fit in my bag so have it with me all the time, but don't have to 'lug' around the extra weight/bulk of the stand attached to the case and just pull it out when I need it.

I like that stand!! Might have to look at it. And I wonder how heavy that fake book cover is? That's a novel idea!! 8))

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Hey all - good thread going. Was looking to get another wall charger and possibly car charger and came to see what I found. Sounds like it may be best to bite the bullet and get official B&N chargers if you want them to charge fast and be sure to work. But agree they are costly.... I'll ask again just in case... anyone find one you can buy that works well?

Regarding covers/cases and stands. I looked at just all the ones listed in the thread above. Below is what I got and why....

Case: Industriell Cover in Storm, Barnes & Noble - Barnes & Noble
- Simple, thin, but adds protection, folds open all the way (folds back on itself so you can hold in one hand when reading) and overall small and lightweight.

Both work great for me. Thought I would share.

I really like that cover. Pricey, but nice.

I also strongly considered that stand and it was actually what I went ot buy but found the one in my post above instead. For this particular stand I wanted something that worked as a stand but was not obnoxious. By getting one that looks like a business card holder when not in use I don't have to fold it up and put it away all the time when not in use. I may still get the adjustable for other uses (like travel).

JP

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Way to go. Two nooks and a classy cover, can't beat that. I am waiting for this to arrive myself.
Amazon.com: SHIELD iShell Universal Stand for Apple ipad, 3G, 3GS ,4G iphone, Kindle (Black): ElectronicsView attachment 2311

Looks like a nice clean little multi purpose stand.

So I have been using this for a while now and really like it. It is lighter than you might think (would be nice to have an aluminum option) since it its thin plastic but seems tough and holds the nook in either orientation no problem (should be able to hold the heavier iPads no problem as well).

The angle is not adjustable but is fine if you are sitting in front of it or have it on a night stand as a dock. It might not be the best if you want to stand right in front of it looking down on it at waist hieght. It could also use some rubber feet (you can stick on yourself) if you want to use the stand to hold the nook while you type since it seems to slide pretty easily.

*Edit: I just noticed that although the angle is not adjustable the two sides have different angles and you can use the center slot which is shown as being for business cards. So the three options are 1. about a 60 degee angle (the front slot), 2. 90 degrees (middle slot) and 3. about 75-80 degrees (the back slot). Very nice :)

I like that it is clean and simple and you can leave it out without it being an eye sore. I am probably going to order more (you can get 3 for the price of one typical stand) to have in multiple locations.

JP

Last edited: