NOOKcolor Accessories

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Wow those are cool. I've never seen them before. Here is what I think. If I was moving it around a lot and on the go with it, I would go with the X-Mini II (http://www.amazon.com/X-Mini-II-Capsule-Speaker-Black/dp/B001UEBN42) the reason being that it is only one speaker with a builtin retractable cord easy to deploy and take with little fuss.

If it was primarily stationary I'd go with the X-Mini Max II (http://www.amazon.com/X-Mini-Capsule-Speakers-Color-BLACK/dp/B002PK1COG/ref=pd_cp_e_3). That way you get your nice stereo out and can have them on the go if you need but don't have to fuss with pulgging and unplugging both speakers, the device and wrapping up the cord each and every use.

tmaxx445

Jun 27, 2011
I just installed the skinomi carbon skin to my nook color. I did not use any of the side parts or the included screen protector as it is the zagg style that is rubbery and as is installed with liquid. I am waiting for my anti glare screen shields to come in the mail, they should be here tomorrow. I will post some photos of the install later.

Skinomi carbon skin........
Amazon.com: Skinomi TechSkin - Carbon Fiber Design Shield & Screen Protector for Barnes & Noble Nook Color: Electronics

Anti Glare screen protectors........
2 Barnes & Noble Nook Color Screen Protector Anti-Glare | eBay

tmaxx445

Schnoidz

Jun 2, 2011
July 10 last day on sale.
$14.99 Free Shipping.

$36-113-035-Z06.jpg $36-113-035-Z01.jpg
Altec Lansing Orbit Ultraportable Speaker (IM237)
Newegg.com - Altec Lansing Orbit Ultraportable Speaker for iPhone, iPod, iPad (IM237) - Cell Phone Accessories
Comes with mobile phone adapter and 3 AAA batteries Perfectly balanced components ensure ultimate sound Incredible volume and clarity with clear, distortion-free sound Multiple jacks make it easy to connect MP3 players, laptops and other audio devices Tough design with metal body and included case can handle knocks Integrated cord storage

UPDATE July 13

UPS just delivered it. The sound and volume are great! I would have liked a connection cable longer than 8" though.

Last edited:

RASTAVIPER

Feb 21, 2011
I ordered today the Max from Amazon.
I dont care so much about the extra cables.I guess that newer model should be better.

Sent from Nook Color on Phiremod 6.3 @1.3Ghz
I forgot to mention that I received some days ago the Mini Max from Uk and they really rock!! :)
Amazing sound quality in combination with Volume+ I managed to max the volume without distortion with the proper EQ settings.The bass really makes the surface tremble!!
Very good choice for their money and for 12hours of playback.

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
Thank you Rasta, I'm already tired of the one I bought with batteries, I'm going to buy this one, I was just waiting for your feedback before ordering it.
Gg

Sent from my NookColor using Android Tablet Forum

RASTAVIPER

Feb 21, 2011
Yo Rasta,I have had one of these for a little more than a year now and it has been an invaluable investment. 6400mAh External Battery Pack for Ipod, Ipod Touch: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics I realize it is a little more expensive than the one you were looking at but it's worth it. Easily can double your usage.

Cheers LS.
Hmmm.Double price for almost 30% more power, but with only 500mA is a no go for me.
But thanks for your info.Can you please tell me how do you charge your nook?do you use the Nook cable or only the adaptors of this device?And which one exactly?

LocalStain

Feb 10, 2011
I plug it in with the stock charger every night. Well almost every night ;-). I have never had any battery issues, but I am not really a power-user per se.

RASTAVIPER

Feb 21, 2011
U mean the stock cable?why do u use it every night at home?there u have also the standard charger.
I wouuld use this only for work or travels.how do u connect with batteryq?USB port?

Sent from Nook Color on Cm7 Nightly 129 @1.300Mhz

RASTAVIPER

Feb 21, 2011
I would really like to buy now a good external battery for charging during away from home.
Don't know what to choose from these:
www.amazon.co.uk/gp/search/ref=sr_n...00mah+external+battery&ie=UTF8&qid=1311860045

First one with 2 charging ports seems really interesting!

Finally. I decided today to order the first battery at 5000mah.I believe that the 2 charging ports will be really useful.
More info in a few weeks.

pjo1966

Mar 2, 2011
I was on the beach all last week and my brother-in-law let me take the Dry Case for a test drive. I went out the next day and bought one for my phone and one for my Nook. I didn't test out the waterproofing, but it did a great job keeping the sand away from my electronics while still allowing me to use the touch screen. It's big enough for an iPad, so there was extra room with the Nook in there. My BIL was using his with his iPod and took full advantage of the headphone jack. It worked great.

$DC-17-5.jpg

Last edited:

RASTAVIPER

Feb 21, 2011
Finally. I decided today to order the first battery at 5000mah.I believe that the 2 charging ports will be really useful.
More info in a few weeks.

First day of use of the new battery it was yesterday.
I used it to charge a bit my Nook, after many hours of using it.
I used original charging cable and after 50 minutes it had given 20% of charge, which is quite good.
Will have to see how much I can use this device with a single charge, although its difficult not to use 2nd port for charging simultaneously my mobile.

Unleashed from Nook Color on Cm7 Nightly 162 @1.200Mhz

RASTAVIPER

Feb 21, 2011
A little update to the battery issue.
Finally I decided to return it to Amazon as it didnt charge correctly both my Nokia 5800 and my Nook.Also the battery was ending too fast.