NOOKcolor Accessories

gadgetrants

Staff member
Sep 22, 2010
Skins. :( I guess it was just a matter of time.

Amazon.com: Protective Decal Skin Sticker for Barnes Noble NOOK COLOR release 2010 case cover NOOKcolor-547: Electronics

$81JVSW1Rq8L._AA1500_.jpg

OK, OK...actually THIS ONE works for me (note that it's NOT a skin on the screen, it's a matching wallpaper...kinda nice):

Amazon.com: Protective Decal Skin Sticker for Barnes Noble NOOK COLOR release 2010 case cover NOOKcolor-285: Electronics (currently $19 inc/shipping at Amazon)

$81BzLP049yL._AA1500_.jpg

-Matt

Last edited:

McBain01

Dec 29, 2010
Any opinions on the best screen protectors? My dad got one but i dont think it was cut quite right and didnt fit as well as it should IMO. The others ive seen in best buy etc say they work for multiple devices and am leery of those.

gadgetrants

Staff member
Sep 22, 2010
Any opinions on the best screen protectors? My dad got one but i dont think it was cut quite right and didnt fit as well as it should IMO. The others ive seen in best buy etc say they work for multiple devices and am leery of those.
If it's true that the NC has Gorilla Glass (e.g., Gorilla Glass - Barnes & Noble Book Clubs) then I would say a screen protector is a bit overkill. Had my Droid for a year (in the pocket) and so far, so good. But I heard beach sand is something to definitely stay away from!

-Matt

JackOnan

Nov 18, 2010
If it's true that the NC has Gorilla Glass (e.g., Gorilla Glass - Barnes & Noble Book Clubs) then I would say a screen protector is a bit overkill. Had my Droid for a year (in the pocket) and so far, so good. But I heard beach sand is something to definitely stay away from!

-Matt

Yeah, it probably doesn't need one - but I want one anway :) . So I ordered one off of eBay for the iPad(oops, sorry said a bad word) for $1.50 delivered. I'll cut it to fit with an exacto after I make a template for the NC screen out of cardboard. I might get 2 out of it if I cut it right.

gadgetrants

Staff member
Sep 22, 2010
I have my own neuroses (remember, this isn't even MY device, it's my wife's): I keep one of those eye-glass cleaning cloths nearby, and wipe the screen constantly. I do hate all those greasy fingerprints. I wonder if there's any truth to the the-fingerprints-make-my-touchscreen-crazy stories?

-Matt

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
Hi! What do you think about this cover:
NOOKcolor Genuine Leather Case Cover +Screen Protector - eBay (item 330511227193 end time Jan-21-11 10:40:38 PST)

other thing, what is the correct way to clean the screen? I have a liquid to clean the LCD screen of the TVs , and liquid to clean eye glasses... but I didn't tried because I don't know if they will damage the screen.

Best regards,
Josue

Case looks nice, screen protector not necessary, screen is glass so I use glass cleaner and a lint free cloth to clean NC.

Note The NC's lcd is under the glass and digitizer (see-through touch pad), so you never actually touch it unlike an computer monitor's lcd or led.

Last edited:

darmeen

Jan 8, 2011
has anyone bought one of those vinyl skins for their NC yet? I have seen a couple I might get, but I was wondering about fit and finish

Dr.Bones

Jan 11, 2011
Hello,

First time post for me! I purchased my Nook Color over the weekend. Today I picked up an B&N silicone cover (Nice fit and finish and it covers up the stupid hole/strap holder industrial art crap at the lower left and side. I also shelled out $16 for an official B&N anti-reflective screen protector. Similar to my Droid X, the screen protector actually keeps the finger prints off the screen and is easier to glide on. Although it is quite subjective, I think the screen is more responsive to my fat fingers with the screen protector and I am worried about scratches from my 2 year old.

I've rooted it and made it mine!!!!!! Not as custom as my Droid X, but on my NC I can access my home and office network and review patient documents without opening a patient chart! Sweet!

If only I could get OpenVPN to work I'd be in Techno heaven.

Dr.Bones

gadgetrants

Staff member
Sep 22, 2010
Welcome to the forum! Remember to post a screen shot when you get a chance. I'm also interested in seeing how you covered that "lovely" corner. ;)

So you're part doctor, part father, part nerd. Nice.

-Matt

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
@Dr.Bones

Very cool you are using the NC for work as well as play.

josue9

Dec 29, 2010
Yesterday night I got an email from B&N that they will be giving an 15% of discount on 1 item for this weekend; I received a code on the email, so I ordered a cover for my nookcolor, price was $34.95, after discount $29.70... not too bad. ;-)

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
Yesterday night I got an email from B&N that they will be giving an 15% of discount on 1 item for this weekend; I received a code on the email, so I ordered a cover for my nookcolor, price was $34.95, after discount $29.70... not too bad. ;-)

Good deal.