NOOKcolor Accessories

dangerousdee

Jan 19, 2011
Don't mean to sound trite, but how do you carry around any other book without pockets or a bag?
I think at minimum a small net book case with a strap would work.

How do you guys carry it around when you don't carry a bag or there is no big pocket on your jacket?

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
Anyone know of a good cover or skin to go over the NC. I want something slow to my "Body Glove", I have on my HTC Evo or some fake leather type cover. Seen some rubber ones but looking for better.

angelkissez

Jan 31, 2011
Does anyone know if there is anyone making the tpu cases yet for the nook color? I have many in many colors for my evo and would love some for my second baby!

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
Something like an otterbox?

Sent from my LogicPD Zoom2 using Tapatalk

Nope. Something like this:

9dda0_thumb_550_galaxy-tab-skin-case-1.JPG

galaxy-tab-skin-case-5.JPG

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
Yea that would be nice. Does the galaxy tab one fit the nook I wonder?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

hmm maybe... its shorter and not as wide

Nook Color
Size - 205mm x 128mm x 12mm

Samsung Galaxy Tab
Size - 190mm x 120mm x 12mm

Stelv

Jan 12, 2011
The Samsung skin may not fit then. Maybe I'll try it if a store around me has one.

Abb0nz

Dec 31, 2010

Just a word of warning, I wanted a car charger so brought this:
Amazon.com: 3-in-1 Synch & Charge USB Travel Kit for Barnes & Noble Nook Color: Cell Phones & Accessories (similar to the 2-in-1 posted by rico2001 above).
The cable is not NC compatible even though it says it's for the NC. The cable that came with the NC works ok with the car adapter and the plug-in adapter but the cable is just a std USB to micro USB cable.

roustabout

Feb 14, 2011
I'm going the other way - I want a hard case with a mag closure, but I am unwilling to pay what's being asked for such a case.

Initially I made one from a notebook that was almost exactly the dimension of the nook. The problem was that retaining the nook in it didn't work (I didn't a clear understanding of how to make the loops I saw in the post above.)

Over the weekend, I picked up a hardbound sketchbook at Blick (meaning, great binding for not much more than I paid for the crummy Walgreens notebook) and gutted it. I used wood glue and small dowels to build a lip at the edge of the covers, and a drill to drill out room for a magnetic in one of them. I need to get a slightly larger sketchbook and redo the shell, but so far I'm very pleased - I actually like the completely passive restraint provided by the lip.

For magnets, I tore down the nook box - it comes with four very nice small magnets in it.

Rev 3 may include both the lip and a couple of loops of elastic ribbon glued down. I'm tempted to cut through the cover with a utility knife and thread the ribbon through, then glue it to the back cover (and coat the back with a rubber mat) to keep the ribbon from getting pulled directly.

Last edited:

angelkissez

Jan 31, 2011
I'm going the other way - I want a hard case with a mag closure, but I am unwilling to pay what's being asked for such a case.

Initially I made one from a notebook that was almost exactly the dimension of the nook. The problem was that retaining the nook in it didn't work (I didn't a clear understanding of how to make the loops I saw in the post above.)

Over the weekend, I picked up a hardbound sketchbook at Blick (meaning, great binding for not much more than I paid for the crummy Walgreens notebook) and gutted it. I used wood glue and small dowels to build a lip at the edge of the covers, and a drill to drill out room for a magnetic in one of them. I need to get a slightly larger sketchbook and redo the shell, but so far I'm very pleased - I actually like the completely passive restraint provided by the lip.

For magnets, I tore down the nook box - it comes with four very nice small magnets in it.

Rev 3 may include both the lip and a couple of loops of elastic ribbon glued down. I'm tempted to cut through the cover with a utility knife and thread the ribbon through, then glue it to the back cover (and coat the back with a rubber mat) to keep the ribbon from getting pulled directly.
Post a pic, we would love to see it!

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
Anyone buy a car charger for the NC yet or any recommendations for a one under $10?

melrowgo

Sep 22, 2010
I think I've decided to use a sleeve and a skin instead of an always-on cover. I've seen a few posts here about the sleeves, but not much about skins. There are a million of them on Amazon (like those shown above), but I wondered how protective they were.

I'm thinking of making a sleeve out of some quilted fabric I have. I wouldn't think it'd be too hard.

I'm also thinking about a screen protector to guard against scratches and to cut down on the reflectivity a bit (for daylight reading). I've had one on my Droid and Droid X since day one, and I'm glad I did as both protectors show scratches. Any good SP suggestions?