NOOKcolor Accessories

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Does anybody else notice a high pitched whine coming out of their stock charger? It even lasts for a few seconds after unplugging from the wall. I suspect it has something to do with the unique charging requirements of the Nook but it is definitley loud enough on mine to be annoying.

RASTAVIPER

Feb 21, 2011
I bought some days ago these Screen Protector LCD Cover Guard Nook Color U-Clear for 7 Can $ and I installed one yesterday.

With screen on, U cant see the protector but ok when its off at the edges its a bit visible cause of dust gathering there.
Also, the touch response its not affected and the fingertips are much less then before.
Good buy after all. ;)

jonesygirl

Feb 9, 2011
Yes. My stock charger makes that funny noise as well.

Sent from my sdk using Android Tablet Forum App

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Yes. My stock charger makes that funny noise as well.

Sent from my sdk using Android Tablet Forum App

Thanks, it was making me feel like I had dog hearing or something there for a while. Not the best charger to use on a nightstand.

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
Thanks, it was making me feel like I had dog hearing or something there for a while. Not the best charger to use on a nightstand.

I think you and Jonesgirl are drinking? eating? doing? the same stuff ?:cool:,,,,,,no noise coming from the charger,,....right guys? You see JP, nobody else have heard NOISES COMING FROM THE NOOK CHARGER!!!!:cool:

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
Found another great stand at office max for $ 5.99 only. It has kind of two compartment so in the back you can store the charger.It can hold the nook upright or horizzontally. $032811232938.jpg$032811232739.jpg$032811233015.jpg

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
I think you and Jonesgirl are drinking? eating? doing? the same stuff ?:cool:,,,,,,no noise coming from the charger,,....right guys? You see JP, nobody else have heard NOISES COMING FROM THE NOOK CHARGER!!!!:cool:

Maybe I just need to make a foil hat? Don't really want the man ease dropping on my thoughts anyway, so it that could be a double bonus. ;)

RASTAVIPER

Feb 21, 2011
Finally I got a Foldable Bluetooth Keyboard from EBAY at 11,5$.
Cant wait to try this.And best thing that U cant fold it in your pocket and have it everywhere with U ;)

torres546

Feb 5, 2011
Does anybody else notice a high pitched whine coming out of their stock charger? It even lasts for a few seconds after unplugging from the wall. I suspect it has something to do with the unique charging requirements of the Nook but it is definitley loud enough on mine to be annoying.

My charger does the same thing...it just started a week ago, never did it before then.

Shortyred

Mar 28, 2011
Ok I got to ask how many cases do you have? I just bought my nook and I have
2 Leather cases
1 Neoprene case
And I just started!! 8)

xfeejayx

Feb 28, 2011
My charger does the same thing...it just started a week ago, never did it before then.

mine started hissing yesterday. hmmm, maybe they all just got ACTIVATED!!!!?

seriously though, sounds like a bad capacitor. Hopefully it comes to light soon and in store exchange is allowed.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Capacitor? I thought it was a resistor... If I had known it was a capacitor in there I would have gotten to work repairing the Mr. Fusion sooner.

:D

RASTAVIPER

Feb 21, 2011
Mine also is making the noise, although I noticed that after I had read the posts here! :) :)
So, i dont know if this sound was from beginning or mot.