NOOKcolor Owners thread

darmeen

Jan 8, 2011
My wife had a similar problem for Christmas.. Before I got the Nook bug, she told me she wanted a Zune HD. So, I got her a Zune HD just like she wanted. Then she saw the Nook that she got me and how cool this rooting this has made it. Yeah, you guessed it, she wants a Nook now hehehe

Well, sell the Zune and you are on your way! :)

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
Not trying to be artful here...we had just watched Inception, and I had to sneak this onto my wife's Nook. Loved the chuckle, and smile on her face when she saw it. :)

RE: launchers (aka homescreen replacements), I have the latest version of LauncherPro on my Droid, and I LOVE the new transition effects when you swipe between screens (especially "Cube"). That's Zeam on the Nook below (in particular, the multi-app dock is awesome), but the Cube animation on LauncherPro is so nice...

-Matt

View attachment 1006

Like the pic Matt. :)

-----------------------------------

Wow, I'm behind updating.

Update to OP: Owners list is up to date: 2-2-2011

added:
CZeph
rrd257r
pungohboy
angelkissez
teamsowers
Dizmatic

suefourmet

Jan 14, 2011
Welcome, Crystal. Now I won't be the only OCD woman in this group! :) Nothing has been done around my house since I started rooting my NC, which I ended up doing twice.

Okay, I have two new questions for the experts. (1) Can I get rid of that dumb "Quick Settings" pop-up window that I keep hitting accidentally and, (2) somehow I installed something that uses a long press instead of quick taps on a button or a letter. Is there someplace in the settings that I can change that? I've tried to track down where I screwed it up, but I can't figure it out (yet).

Thanks,

Sue

darmeen

Jan 8, 2011
The Quick settings pop up when you tap the clock/battery/wifi area of the notification bar...just tap somewhere other than the Quick settings box and it will go away.

suefourmet

Jan 14, 2011
Thanks, Vic.
The problem for me is that frequently, when I accidentally hit the Quick Setting icon, there is no empty place on the screen to tap in order to close it. (Like I have to tap something that I don't want to open, just to get ride of the pop-up.) My long press problem seems to have gone away for now.:eek:

darmeen

Jan 8, 2011
Thanks, Vic.
The problem for me is that frequently, when I accidentally hit the Quick Setting icon, there is no empty place on the screen to tap in order to close it. (Like I have to tap something that I don't want to open, just to get ride of the pop-up.) My long press problem seems to have gone away for now.:eek:

if you swipe right to left on the notification bar when the quick settings screen is up, it will go away...that same function also works as a back button.

adnilasor

Oct 19, 2010
Hi All,

I would be honored to be a rookie in the NFL team. With the help of this community, I have twice rooted my device. I am currently running stock 1.0.1 but once the 1.1 autonooter has been released, I will root again. I would also be proud to be the third OCD female in this forum. Thanks to all the contributors who help us noobs with the root process.

Attachments

• $11-02-02-1.png
    $11-02-02-1.png
    421.1 KB · Views: 223

darmeen

Jan 8, 2011
Hi All,

I would be honored to be a rookie in the NFL team. With the help of this community, I have twice rooted my device. I am currently running stock 1.0.1 but once the 1.1 autonooter has been released, I will root again. I would also be proud to be the third OCD female in this forum. Thanks to all the contributors who help us noobs with the root process.

Welcome to the nookie party!:cool:

suefourmet

Jan 14, 2011
if you swipe right to left on the notification bar when the quick settings screen is up, it will go away...that same function also works as a back button.

Okay, I can live with that, I guess. I really hate not having a back button that is consistently in the same place. I have to say I LOVE (caps intended) Clockwork Recovery and Restore! After my downloading slowed down to 0, I went back and did a restore and now everything is working again. (It might have had something to do with me trying to overclock :confused:)

I have a couple of new questions, but I am going to see if I can figure out the answers, before I reveal myself to the whole group as a being a total dufus. Welcome to the OCD club, adnilasor. :eek:

Sue

Stelv

Jan 12, 2011
Okay, I can live with that, I guess. I really hate not having a back button that is consistently in the same place. I have to say I LOVE (caps intended) Clockwork Recovery and Restore! After my downloading slowed down to 0, I went back and did a restore and now everything is working again. (It might have had something to do with me trying to overclock :confused:)

I have a couple of new questions, but I am going to see if I can figure out the answers, before I reveal myself to the whole group as a being a total dufus. Welcome to the OCD club, adnilasor. :eek:

Sue

Are u using Button Savior instead of Soft Key? It has a better interface and back button.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

brokevet

Jan 15, 2011
Back button? I still swipe from right to left at the bottom of the glass. That is my back.

CLSmith

Jan 14, 2011
Hi All,

I would also be proud to be the third OCD female in this forum.

Now that we're talking female, I just might have been the first on this thread!
Good to have all us girl noobie techies. Lol
Cheryl

Sent from my sdk using Android Tablet Forum App