NOOKcolor Owners thread

Stelv

Jan 12, 2011
I'm baaack! Here's the latest... I have spent the last three days playing with the NC, but mostly struggling to see if I could use Froyo loaded onto an sd card to use it. I actually was able to easily get the Froyo image on the SD card and then boot from that to the NC. The hard part, and as it turned out, impossible for me so far, was (is) trying to get the Google Apps onto the same card. I downloaded and installed ADB and the ADB drivers (I think correctly) but after trying several hundred iterations and approaches, I just couldn't get the command line to do the job for me. Interestingly enough, I didn't get the same error message each time. I think the most recent message was something like: mount = I/O error (or something similar to that). I've finally given up, for awhile at least, and really, the main reason I tried so hard to get Froyo working was that I loved that it made the writing larger on the screen. I want to read some of my Kindle books on the NC, but I can't come close to getting the font as large as it is supposed to be. I know it has something to do with the LCD density, but I'm not up for trying to mess with that, yet. :confused:

Sue

Sue you can use lcd density changer lite. There is a copy for dl over at xda. It will not mess anything up as long as you remember your original value. It may work for enlarging your text.

sent from my rooted nook color

suefourmet

Jan 14, 2011
Thanks, Steve. Right now I'm back to booting Froyo from my sd card and I'm lucky to be there! I screwed up my NC and my sd card - couldn't get the Nook to power up, no matter what I did. The sd card was totally useless, (couldn't format it) no matter what I did. (Actually once everything got screwed up, I started trying to get CWR to help me out, but then I couldn't get out of CWR [this was before the total black-out]. It was a bumpy ride, to say the least! This morning, I started googling for "bricked sd cards" and found an SD Formatter. Downloaded it, reformatted my card, moved froyo to the card and used the card to boot up. Now I don't have any idea about what to do next. (I know that the folks who know say it is almost impossible to brick the NC, but I think I must have come pretty close.) I have visited forums all over the place and, yes, Google turned out to be a very good friend. I saw that some of you in this thread are on at least a couple of other sub-forums. Could you guys recommend a forum, thread, etc., that might be useful to me? (I've probably visited all of them in the last several days. :() Also, since I apparently can't get any apps into Froyo without having ADB installed (meaning I can't get ROM Manager onto the NC) do you have any one favorite thread for explaining the best way to install ADB. I tried two different procedures yesterday, both of which were very similar and were supposed to be "Dummy Proof". "HAH!" I did get the ADB software downloaded and the drivers installed, but once I got to the command line, I couldn't get any further.
Sorry for the long post, I think I'm back to minus square 1.:confused:

Sue

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
Update to OP: Owners list is up to date: 2-6-2011

Added:
-wparker80
-rogand
-adnilasor

Welcome new owners. :)

Remember you must show us a pic of your NC, pic of you homes screen or write Nook color in your signature to join.

Stelv

Jan 12, 2011
Thanks, Steve. Right now I'm back to booting Froyo from my sd card and I'm lucky to be there! I screwed up my NC and my sd card - couldn't get the Nook to power up, no matter what I did. The sd card was totally useless, (couldn't format it) no matter what I did. (Actually once everything got screwed up, I started trying to get CWR to help me out, but then I couldn't get out of CWR [this was before the total black-out]. It was a bumpy ride, to say the least! This morning, I started googling for "bricked sd cards" and found an SD Formatter. Downloaded it, reformatted my card, moved froyo to the card and used the card to boot up. Now I don't have any idea about what to do next. (I know that the folks who know say it is almost impossible to brick the NC, but I think I must have come pretty close.) I have visited forums all over the place and, yes, Google turned out to be a very good friend. I saw that some of you in this thread are on at least a couple of other sub-forums. Could you guys recommend a forum, thread, etc., that might be useful to me? (I've probably visited all of them in the last several days. :() Also, since I apparently can't get any apps into Froyo without having ADB installed (meaning I can't get ROM Manager onto the NC) do you have any one favorite thread for explaining the best way to install ADB. I tried two different procedures yesterday, both of which were very similar and were supposed to be "Dummy Proof". "HAH!" I did get the ADB software downloaded and the drivers installed, but once I got to the command line, I couldn't get any further.
Sorry for the long post, I think I'm back to minus square 1.:confused:

Sue

At the end of the thread "how to clockwork" we are trying to help someone with a similar problem. You probably need to bring your nook back to stock condition. See Ricos post towards end of thread and see if that works. Let us know if u have any more questions. I have both threads bookmarked.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

bratliff

Feb 5, 2011
Update to OP: Owners list is up to date: 2-6-2011

Added:
-wparker80
-rogand
-adnilasor

Welcome new owners. :)

Remember you must show us a pic of your NC, pic of you homes screen or write Nook color in your signature to join.
Signature updated. Now can I join the team? Lol

tomtin

Jan 30, 2011
$11-02-06-2.png

Here's my recently rooted Nook Color. Thanks guys for your help!

oldman_58

Feb 7, 2011
Just bought the Color Nook and rooted... Cheapest Tablet around..

Attachments

• $screenshot_2a.png
    $screenshot_2a.png
    319.5 KB · Views: 265

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
Just bought the Color Nook and rooted... Cheapest Tablet around..

nuff said and love your signature. :)

Update to OP: Owners list is up to date: 2-7-2011

Added:
-bratliff
-tomtin
-oldman_58

The NookColor nation grows stronger each day! :)

Last edited:

rogand

Jan 26, 2011
@tomtin

Which widget is that running vertically on the right side of your screen?

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
So took my screen shot how do I post it?

You can transfer the picture file from your nook to your computer and then click on the "Insert Image" (looks like a little picture of a tree) icon in the reply tool bar and navigate to the picture. Alternatively you can upload the picture to a hosting site like fikr or photobucket and then grab the link to the picture. Click on the same Insert Image icon in the tool bar above your reply click the from URL tab and paste in the copied URL.

If you do this from the "Go Advanced" reply button you can get a preview to make sure the picture is uploading how you'd like.

suefourmet

Jan 14, 2011
Okay, I'm back to rooted 1.1.0. I think I'll stay here for awhile.:D Thanks to everyone who offered help and advice.

Sue