NOOKcolor Owners thread

darmeen

Jan 8, 2011
Yeah, but the link you provided is for using ADB to push an image to an android based device. It won't work like that if you are using something that isn't android based. The link you provided doesn't have anything to do with winimage or win32diskimager. That was my point.

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
Yeah, but the link you provided is for using ADB to push an image to an android based device. It won't work like that if you are using something that isn't android based. The link you provided doesn't have anything to do with winimage or win32diskimager. That was my point.

Well to be honest I was more addressing Steve's comments than yours but you commented on android phones specifically. Steve's comments were about a phone burning an image. The link was to show it could be done from a phone and if doesn't address a samsung impression or using winimage, which me and avi were bouncing around, I can't do anything about that. Sorry. Speaking of which all my experience with both windows based and android based phones, they all mount the same and basically act as a card reader. Perhaps we were bouncing between idea that may not relate to the link I posted. I have not done the procedure beofre nor did much research on the subject. I only remember someone of xda used a phone to root their NC, which is what I posted.

suefourmet

Jan 14, 2011
The Nook Color FAQs threads that several of you have contributed to over on the Technical Forum (sub-forum?) is a great idea and a big help. Thanks!

BTW, I discovered the Samba app about a week ago and it is great. I wish I had known about it before I almost wore out one of my SD card adapters with all of the inserting that I did during my many "revert to stock" and "remove CWR" episodes. :)

Sue

xfeejayx

Feb 28, 2011
Welcome to the forum. You used your phone to burn the nooter image? Did u use terminal or something?

sent from my rooted nook color

Burned the card on my htc hero through my comp. Had to do it again for my buddies nook too. Only issue was that after burn when i went to check contents, the computer said card needed formatting despite me formatting before burning. Format, burn again, win.
Exact same thing happened both times.

So, if you have a htc hero running 2.1 with a really old 2gb sd card that predates the class speed ratings and don't want to wait for your new sd card and reader, you can burn the image on your phone.

Sent from my sdk using Android Tablet Forum App

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
HTC Hero, one of my all time favorite phones. :)

Update to OP:

Added:
-xfeejayx
-vico512
-armyjeffries

Last edited:

lexic

Mar 5, 2011
Here's my boring home screen. I use LauncherPro on rooted stock. The two visible widgets are Simi clock and text widget. Now I just need to do something about that dock. I like the B&N wallpaper for now. I loaded up a bunch of my own but keep coming back to his one.

Not very exciting, but I love the NOOKcolor. :)

Attachments

• $11-03-08-1.png
    $11-03-08-1.png
    284.2 KB · Views: 262

monica_118

Mar 17, 2011
Hi guys. I'm also a NC owner, bought it just a month ago. I'm really enjoying your posts but a good part of it does not make sense to me yet, wow, I want to convert my NC into a tablet so I have a lot to learn.!! .. I'm located in PR and would like to know if there are any others in this forum from PR. Thanks again.

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
Bolo, I would love for you to post your screenshot on my. - just SCREENSHOT- thread as well. Thank you
gloria

suefourmet

Jan 14, 2011
I hope some of you good guys are still hanging around this thread. I have a couple of issues that I haven't been able to figure out. I want to move some photos into the internal memory on my HC emmc 2nd edit installation. I'm sure that this must be possible, but I can't seem to find the right way to get them there. My second problem is related to the first. I thought maybe I could side load the photos using my USB connection, but my Win 7 laptop only recognizes the NC as "storage" and want me to insert a disk.

Any help would (will) be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,

Sue