NOOKcolor Owners thread

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Good point, how do you upload images from the NC? I read the faq and when I choose attachment from the advanced menu I get a notice that uploads are disabled.

dragonslayer

Jan 4, 2011
11-01-07-1.png

thanks guys! here's my screenshot!

Last edited:

gadgetrants

Staff member
Sep 22, 2010
Good point, how do you upload images from the NC? I read the faq and when I choose attachment from the advanced menu I get a notice that uploads are disabled.
I noticed that you have 4 posts atm. Could it be the forum prevents uploads until you reach...5? I just saw that Dragonslayer succeeded with 7, and Abb0nz with 8.

-Matt

gadgetrants

Staff member
Sep 22, 2010
I couldn't upload directly, so I linked to a Photobucket account.
I just noticed your signature. It sounds like a movie title. ;)

AND WHY aren't you rooted?!??!?! Actually I just discovered yesterday that rooting (apparently) knocks out the 1-hour free reading in B&N. :(

-Matt

crenita

Jan 6, 2011
One happy rooted Nook owner.. just bought a book this am.. and after checking prices.. Amazon was $2 cheaper.. so got it for a few bucks less.. I love that I can add what I want from where ever I want to spend my money... not hooked into just one site.. ..

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
One happy rooted Nook owner.. just bought a book this am.. and after checking prices.. Amazon was $2 cheaper.. so got it for a few bucks less.. I love that I can add what I want from where ever I want to spend my money... not hooked into just one site.. ..

Glad to hear from another happy NC owners. You can also check out: Free EPUB eBooks for your iPad, Android, Kobo, Nook and Sony eReaders | Unleash Your Books for free epubs which can be uploaded to your NC. I like the fact the NC is versatile in which it can read different formats of books.

crenita

Jan 6, 2011
I agree... I also downloaded a ebook and a audio book from the library.. ... this is FUN... and have gotten into reading loads more which is a good thing.
I think one of the real perks for me is that I dont' have all these darn hardback books to deal with.. give away, dropped off at the local charity drive or etc... cuts down on the clutter ..

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
I agree... I also downloaded a ebook and a audio book from the library.. ... this is FUN... and have gotten into reading loads more which is a good thing.
I think one of the real perks for me is that I dont' have all these darn hardback books to deal with.. give away, dropped off at the local charity drive or etc... cuts down on the clutter ..

I hear ya. :) Hard backs take up so much space. I haven't been a big reader but I'm excited to read more than I have and the NC, like other ereader I suppose, is the way to go.

AnimaTechnica

Nov 4, 2010
some of you old hacks may know this already but some of us newbies might benefit from a couple of discoveries i had

use Awesome Drop app to quickly move files from pc to your tablet without connecting the usb - works great especially when i am remoting into my desktop from work and wanted to move files to my tablet - also great way to move apks and install them

another tip - as you know creating a shortcut on your home screen does not currently work - the work around (at least on Zeam) is to open the app tray, press and hold the app icon a few seconds and then the app tray automatically closes and you can then drop the shortcut to your home screen