NOOKcolor Owners thread

darmeen

Jan 8, 2011
Aw man that's mild. You're not ready for an intervention. ;)

-Matt

I honestly had my doubts if it would work...it did make sense though, with the phone plugged into my computer, it looked like any other usb mass storage device...and when winimage started loading the .img file, I was like "well hotdam, this actually has a chance"

Well, I am just glad I found these great forums with so many great people, ready to lend a helping hand.

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
View attachment 749

Well, here is a screenshot of my NC *Rooted via the MicroSD in my Samsung Impression (non-smartphone) (Yes, apparently, I am THAT crazy)

Do I get my name on the owners list now?

Yes that will do it. Nice pics and sigs guys, thanks.

--------------------------------

Update to OP: Owners list is up to date: 1-9-2011

Added:
-csrabear
-darmeen

gordist

Nov 10, 2010
How were you able to Root the Nook and have all those wonderful apps and tools downloaded to the Nook. I love the wallpaper on it and the time and weather Widget.

bamarammin87

Dec 8, 2010
I have one! Got it at Christmas. Still haven't rooted it yet, but planning on using autonooter, just haven't gotten around to it.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
gordist and bamarammin87 what are you waiting for? Get to it already. It really isn't that hard even if you have never used Android or rooted anything before. Plus there are lots of good people here to help you out if you get stuck. You won't regret it ;)

Abb0nz

Dec 31, 2010
Alrighty, I've rooted my NC and been able to access the Market etc. and am using Zeam at the moment. The only issue I'm having at the moment is that the icons on the home page are spaced a long way apart. I can only get a grid of 4x4 icons. Ok, forget this one. I found where you set up the grid.
And why we're on the subject of the home page/desktop, how the heck do you get the widgets (right word?) that show the weather etc on the home page. I'm either blind as a bat or I'm missing something basic.Ok, forget this one as well. I'm sure I'll break something eventually but I guess I'm learning along the way!

Last edited:

darmeen

Jan 8, 2011
Hey JackOnan, what are the two widgets that are in the center at the top (clock and weather)?

I am using Fancy Widget (it is both weather and clock) and I believe you can download other skins for it as well (although I don't know what to do with them once I have them on my NC...lol)

rainmakerrc

Jan 11, 2011
Add me to the list, too. Wandered over here from the Nook Color forums over at XDA. Looking forward to learning and sharing here as well.

Here's my homescreen. Clean and simple: Zeam, Simi Clock, Button Savior, 250 density.

62f275b5-f3f8-ee37.jpg

Sent from my Nook Color using Android Tablet Forum App

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Welcome rainmakerrc. I like the clean and simple look. Nice job.

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
Update to OP: Owners list is up to date: 1-12-2011

Added:
-rainmakerrc

Nice pic rainmakerrc, I'm a big fan of the clean look.

Last edited:

CLSmith

Jan 14, 2011
OK I would like to join too! Just downloaded the Android Tablet forum app on my Droid 2. Looks like a great forum. Do you have to be rooted to take the screen shot?

gadgetrants

Staff member
Sep 22, 2010
OK I would like to join too! Just downloaded the Android Tablet forum app on my Droid 2. Looks like a great forum. Do you have to be rooted to take the screen shot?
Nope, just hold down the "n" key, and a quick tap on the volume down button should do it! If it worked you'll get a notification and a sound. :)

-Matt