NookColor Tools

Klippy

Sep 13, 2011
Due to help from so many on this board I know that I need to move the .apk for NookTools to /system/app. Would someone be kind enough to tell me how to do that?

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Connect your Nook to the PC using the usb cable. If it asks you to turn on usb debugging say ok. Then find your nook under My Copmuter. Navigate to any .apk files not in the specified directory and move them to /system/app.

JP

Klippy

Sep 13, 2011
I show it in the system/app but still when I pull up Nookcolor tools it still shows that it needs to be in the system/app. I must be doing something wrong. I am getting so frustrated with myself!

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Is there one particular app you are having issues with? Amazon? Try uninstalling the App entirely, deleting the .apk if it doesn't do it for yu when you uninstall and then check the allow 3rd party apps box and start again with the app you are trying to install.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Is there one particular app you are having issues with? Amazon? Try uninstalling the App entirely, deleting the .apk if it doesn't do it for yu when you uninstall and then check the allow 3rd party apps box and start again with the app you are trying to install.

JP, NookColor Tools won't show the Allow Non-Market Apps checkbox unless the NookColor Tools apk file is in /system/app. That's what Klippy's trying to do here.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Yep, got that and he says it already there. Trying to also figure out what the third party app is that he can't install. Still Amazon? I'd still try and remove and reinstall the .apk to see if he can get it working since it seems to be in the correct location and not working.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
That's exactly what I was thinking, remove and reinstall the .apk. It needs to not only be in /system/app, it needs to be installed from there as well.

Maybe a re-boot somewhere along the way is also required?

Last edited:

Klippy

Sep 13, 2011
I still am not able to download any non market apps I pulled this forum a couple of days ago and it said there was a app for it did i want to download it, I downloaded it,worked fine. Well today i pulled up the forum on a web page and it told me there was an app but then it said it was not compatable with my device. I cannot download any apps from B&N . But there are still some i can find on the market on i can download