Norwegian 2.2 review and question...

Apr 18, 2011
So I flashed to norwegian 2.2 and it works great. Data seems to be more stable as well as wifi. Gps gets a good fix and overall a good build. Xabber acts a bit funny as well as adw launcher but nothing major. Soc rooted with no problems. So far this is the best rom I have used for the 104 bb model. Both cameras work. But I'm missing yahoo add on for video chat on the market as well as AIM. Not sure why. Anyone else experience missing Apps from market after 2.2 upgrade?

Sent from my IDEOS S7 using Android Tablet Forum

pa49

Nov 29, 2010
So I flashed to norwegian 2.2 and it works great. Data seems to be more stable as well as wifi. Gps gets a good fix and overall a good build. Xabber acts a bit funny as well as adw launcher but nothing major. Soc rooted with no problems. So far this is the best rom I have used for the 104 bb model. Both cameras work. But I'm missing yahoo add on for video chat on the market as well as AIM. Not sure why. Anyone else experience missing Apps from market after 2.2 upgrade?

I have tried all the various 2.2 releases both official and customised and I have to agree with you about the Norwegian ROM.
I've had it installed since late April and I have had no issues at all.
It is smooth, fast and very responsive.
GPS fix is rediculously quick and 3G performance (especially HSDPA) the best I've had on any hand held device/phone.
If you "whip it into shape" the Quadrant results are class leading.
I've used System App Remover to get rid of large amounts of "bloat" and I'm a Happy Chappy.
I normally change ROMs when they "play up" but I've kept this one for longer than any others!!!ll
Apps have installed from the market so I haven't come across your issue.
Did you wipe fully when you flashed?
NB Charging from a standard micro USB cable "iced the cake" for me so I can charge from any USB port.

Last edited:
Apr 18, 2011
I've had no problems installing apps. There are just a couple missing that I normally use. But there are substitutes. I did do a full wipe of both SD cards (internal and my external). Also I agree with removing the bloatware. It has made this tablet wonderful. I use edge because that is all my carrier supports but this rom is really stable over the Indonesian rom. That one always dropped my data connection and sucked at csc (cell site switching ). I think this rom has a better radio firmware.

pa49

Nov 29, 2010
I've had no problems installing apps. There are just a couple missing that I normally use. But there are substitutes. I did do a full wipe of both SD cards (internal and my external). Also I agree with removing the bloatware. It has made this tablet wonderful. I use edge because that is all my carrier supports but this rom is really stable over the Indonesian rom. That one always dropped my data connection and sucked at csc (cell site switching ). I think this rom has a better radio firmware.

I certainly agree about the radio sensitivity.
I'm getting nearly as fast a response as my wifi!

chan2011

May 3, 2011
Good to hear that another T4 is unlocked by this rom, so it's not accidental in my case. :)

I do however find 3g using tpg-optus is not as fast as when I was with telstra before the upgrade-unlocking. Perhaps telstra had tweaked the s7 to work better on nextg? Or perhaps it's just the optus network, even in brisbane cbd. :-(

NevadaDave

Mar 2, 2011
I tried this rom on my Best Buy S7 - I had to do the "double load" (i.e. load once, remove battery, start/load again). The system came up in Norwegian (?), but I changed it to english & all seems to be working. I entered the AT&T APN data & that all works, GPS seems fine - can't really tell any major differences between my previous Indonesian 2.2 ROM. I rooted with SOC, restored my apps with Titanium, and so far, its running fine. Any specifics to look for?

pvella

Dec 20, 2010
In Melbourne the Telstra network (pains me to say it) is superior to other networks even in the CBD. So even though the phone is unlocked, I will be sticking with Telstra for now.

dgnyberg

Mar 22, 2011
How about the G-sensor!
Does it work correctly?
The Indo ROM has the G-Sensor 90 degrees off.

mr2u

May 27, 2011
any one having issues with their S7 re-booting every time they unmount the SD card?