Not a chance for WiFi

dangerousg6

May 7, 2011
Guys... Need some help here. My buddy asked me to help him update his Kyros 7015 to 7015a, root it and install some apps on his talet. I work and live in Afghanistan and it aint like I got a wifi hotspot anywhere. I have a LAN connection (Actually PPPoE) (tried making my laptop a hotspot with connectify, no luck, it kept kicking off my PPPoE) I was able to DL the update and get it to 7015a but is there a way to DL any apps to the micro SD and install from the SD on 2.1? I am way new to the Android OS.

In the end were trying to root his device and be able to DL apps on my connection and transfer via USB an install. Is that possible?

Apr 28, 2011
I am kind of new, so not sure if this will work or not. First google the app with .apk behind it (pacman.apk) you should be able to download it. transfer it to memorycard and try to install it that way.
like i said i do not kno if this will work and not am responsible if anything goes wrong.

Apr 28, 2011
I found this link to a vid that shows you how to make your comp a wifi hotspot, i would watch it and find if you were doing something wrong or if you tried that and it didnt work. if it did work then ur good, if not then try what i said above. hopefully you get lucky and it works. also the vid is for windows vista and 7

Last edited by a moderator:

vanjhelion

Mar 21, 2011
Guys... Need some help here. My buddy asked me to help him update his Kyros 7015 to 7015a, root it and install some apps on his talet. I work and live in Afghanistan and it aint like I got a wifi hotspot anywhere. I have a LAN connection (Actually PPPoE) (tried making my laptop a hotspot with connectify, no luck, it kept kicking off my PPPoE) I was able to DL the update and get it to 7015a but is there a way to DL any apps to the micro SD and install from the SD on 2.1? I am way new to the Android OS.

In the end were trying to root his device and be able to DL apps on my connection and transfer via USB an install. Is that possible?

It would be easy to use a wireless router instead so you can create a wireless infrastructure, I believe it would be very hard to make the Kyros connect wirelessly Via ADHOC(peer to peer).