Not booting

xrayjuan

May 6, 2011

My Gtablet 10 is not booting. I have press volume up andpower button and it does shows” Recovery key detected”, but then:

1) it shows a picture of a box with an arrowpointing down and under this a green and white rectangular

2) gTablet

3) Viewsonic screen with the birds

4) Gtablet

5) blank

I have left it on, but nothing out seems tohappen .
Any help appreciated

xrayjuan

May 6, 2011
Thanks, I have downloaded the bootloader, but if my viewsonic is not booting, how do I copy it to the intenal micro Sdcard?

Swould333

Aug 5, 2010
there are 2 seperate files one that will do it from the internal mem partition and then another that will do it from the scard.. (the actual sdcard).. down load the one for sd card...unzip it and put the 2 folders derived from the downloaded zip file( one will be called RECOVERY the other UPDATE, the update folder should still be zipped) on the root of your sd card... you'll prob have to use a disc reader to do it.. then do the power on and vol+ it'll load clocwork and you should be able to then install the rom of your choice from your sd card.... again you'll need a card eader to load the rom zip to the sd card. then you'll be back in business..

Last edited:

xrayjuan

May 6, 2011
Thanks, got it, Files, card reader and sdcard. Now do you recomend keeping the original sytem or installing a "new and improve one".
Again thanks, I will get to it tomorrow morning

fridge011

Mar 19, 2011
definitely install a new rom on it. waaaaay better than stock (did i say waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better?) i can only assume that you were already planning on doing that since you installed cwm? ive been running vegan 5.1.1 but since i had problems recently and i didnt titanium backup my gtab im about to try calkulins rom then cm7 to see what i think about them.there are many to choose from, have fun and backup your gtab!

KyleCleveland

Jul 6, 2011
I'm having this same problem and followed the instructions. The CWMod_microsd.zip was downloaded and unzipped to an external microsd but it is performing some other update when it attempts booting and CWMod is not getting installed.

Help?

Fuganater

Staff member
Feb 8, 2011
I'm having this same problem and followed the instructions. The CWMod_microsd.zip was downloaded and unzipped to an external microsd but it is performing some other update when it attempts booting and CWMod is not getting installed.

Help?

What is it trying to install? The directions are straight forward. Did you do something else not in the directions?