Not Charging

britinva

Jun 30, 2011
So had myy tab around a month now -everything been great. so now on holiday an decide just to take tab and not laptop and the dam thing not charging:(:(

had problems switching it on as down to 2% . With the charging adapter pluged in i can use tab but not charging. Really pi$$ed!

Genkilljoy

Jul 29, 2011
Look this might sound drastic, but do a factory reset...It's not as bad as it sounds....On my Tab I have check off in setting to backup my data....So to my surprise when I did a Factory rest because my camera app was acting kind of weird, I was greatly surprised that after the reset all my apps and setting were put back as normal just as before the reset. However I have to state you will lose your music and videos...but you could always put those back when you get home from V action Hope your under warranty....Tech Support is going to tell you to do the same before they take back the tablet.

britinva

Jun 30, 2011
Well I left it on and pluged in and it started to charge - overnight it got to 58% and then during day got to 100%. Very slow charging seeing as not many apps were running. I will leave things as they are (not going to turn off) for now and do reset when get home but very worrying woud not charge when switched off and could not turn on.

Genkilljoy

Jul 29, 2011
question...when you frist got the unit even before you turn it on did you let the unit get fully charded...this is what should be done with all electronic devices. hope all works out.

britinva

Jun 30, 2011
yep - was fully charged before use.

I plan on letting it run done battery once back off vacation see if does same.

britinva

Jun 30, 2011
OK - back home now. Unit was 76% charged..... shut it down and put it on charge.... battery charging indication started (got circle - but static) but then nothing (used to see the green battery indicator). Left it over night and now cannot switch it back on. Now if try to charge get nothing also.

Looks like a trip back to Best Buy :(

britinva

Jun 30, 2011
Finally managed to start it! But battery was at 2% ...... when I switched it off and put it on charge it was 74%...... so somethings gone bad!

I know the App Store remembers the Apps and can restore but is there a way to back up the tablet to restore all other personal settings, favourites etc?

britinva

Jun 30, 2011
Panick over - turns out was using wrong wallwart. My camera is also Samsung and has a USB wallwart. Discovered when was boxing up to take back :eek: Seems you can only use the USB wallwart that comes with the tablet

Genkilljoy

Jul 29, 2011
That's good...did not think of that till you mentioned it. I had my Tablet plug into my PC transfering files and saw an the little X sign thur the battery icon, so I asked myself is this thing not charging?. So I went looking and saw that the unit does not charge when connected to a USB port on a PC. It said the USB port does not have enough energy to charge the unit. I have to use the supplied plug to charge it. So if you were using a different plug when charging this was the issue of charging mystery... Gad the unit is OK...
The problem for most of us is we don't read we don't read the Manuel...the miniature that came in the box was so small in print I threw it out...I printed the PDF Ver and it was over 300 pages so I left it at work, lStill Have Not Read It.
So there it goes one must read the manuel before one thinks one has a bad unit.
Let me remind you we on these forums give these unit a bad name for us not doing our homework....Apple fanboys do the same, it's that they are not as honest and open enough to say so.