Not enough space... but there is

hhsader

Jan 20, 2011
My s7 says I don't have room for angry birds.... I have 34 MB free! Wth. Any ideas?

Sent from my sdk using Android Tablet Forum App

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
Unfortunately it takes more space than what is needed for the app itself to install. You should seriously consider link2sd, I've already installed 250 megs of software, most of it linked, and I have 90 megs available still. Limited application space is one of the more serious problems with 2.1
I found that link2sd is quite easy to install and is perfectly stable for me.

Tom

hhsader

Jan 20, 2011
Wow. That's pretty lame... even by clearing out apps I had to have 60 MB free to install it. And yeah I've read on link2sd I'm just worried. I use my s7 as my phone and rooting freaks me out. It took a lot of work just to get my mms to barely work...

Sent from my sdk using Android Tablet Forum App

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
I'm a firm believer that if you are not comfortable with a process you probably shouldn't do it. That said, for me the benefits far outweighed any risks. You might try getting z4root and running it, use your tablet for a while and you should find there is no noticeable difference. Basically all you are doing is giving yourself superuser privilege. If you are still uncomfortable you can just un-root the tablet with z4root and uninstall it, no damage done.

Once your tablet is rooted and you are ok with it, you can install link2sd. It is a pretty simple process that doesn't involve adb or even the use of a Terminal, or scripts of any kind. All it does is allow you to move your apps to sd and creates a symbolic link in system app storage so when you run a program the symbolic link redirects the system to load the app from the sd card. Used this same process years ago on my pocket pc and windows mobile phone.

For me this has made my S7 considerably more useful.

Of course, it looks like 2.2 will eventually be available and should solve some of these problems, but the process of upgrading and getting your phone functionality back will kind of be like starting over again.

Tom

tuffigirl

Dec 17, 2010
I hardly knew anything about Android until I got my S7 although I have been modding phones for 15 years. Rooting was a piece of cake with z4root.... I went with the temporary option a few times until I was comfortable enough to root permanently. With the temporary if you aren't happy just re-boot and it will no longer be rooted.