Not Friendly with XPMCE2k5.

ExtremeRyno

Jan 16, 2011
I've been playing around on this for the past couple hours. Found out two things: FIRST: Windows 7 is friendly with the A700 as long as you've got all your drivers are updated and has hotfixes. Windows XP SP3 worked okay. Windows XP Media Center 2k5 wouldn't "see" the tablet except as a Camera despite setting the storage settings on the device. ...SECOND: Update your drivers for your card reader in Windows and save yourself some hair pulling.

Also, if you get a 64GB MicroSDXC, you will need to format it as FAT32 before it shows up in the tablet. I couldn't do this natively in Win7, so I used MiniTool Partition Wizard and it did the job.

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
Older versions of Window 7 and Windows Vista used to format 64gig cards as Fat32. Microsoft pulled back that option in a patch, to force you to use something where the patent hadn't expired.

Couldn't you have also formatted that card as NTFS?

Personally, I haven't found any excuse for 64gig cards in a tablet. There are just not that many movies I want to watch on a 10 inch screen.

ExtremeRyno

Jan 16, 2011
Honestly, I'm not sure what I'll use it for, either...But I've got the option there just in case. :)

I had more room on my NookColor than I ever needed until I started getting it ready for my son to use. To hold all my son's interactive books and those random apps that needed a few GB of space for their shows and songs I did get him a 4GB card.