Not Happy With Green Screen

daqueenbe

Jun 4, 2012
i bought my tablet 2 weeks ago and when i download the new update my camera started acting weird by turning the screen green and shuts down the tablet while in cam mood...i tried to factory reset and it did not help...i hope they are working on new update for this cuz i am really disapointed..i need it working for a wedding that i will be attending this weekend:(

Frederuco

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 6, 2011
Welcome to the forum daqueenbe!

Sorry you are having issues with your tablet. The only fix for the Green Screen that I recall (for Asus tablets) was to let the battery drain until it was completely flat and then charge it up again. If that did not work, it was a trip to the factory to get fixed, or exchange with the retailer.

I moved your thread to the Acer Iconia Tab A500 Forum so other A500 owners will see it and hopefully jump in to the discussion.

Also, try the app Camera ICS. It is much improved over the stock camera app.

Mrhelper

Apr 29, 2012
i bought my tablet 2 weeks ago and when i download the new update my camera started acting weird by turning the screen green and shuts down the tablet while in cam mood...i tried to factory reset and it did not help...i hope they are working on new update for this cuz i am really disapointed..i need it working for a wedding that i will be attending this weekend:(
There are two resets you can try.

1.) You note that you have already tried the factory reset, so I assume you mean the "Factory data reset" under Settings-->Backup & reset.

2.) There is also a hardware reset available. Look for the pinhole reset button lower right near the full sized USB port.

I would try both, and then the battery drain trick suggested by Frederuco before returning it for service.

I'm curious if holding the reset button for 15 seconds would be useful for a condition like you describe. I have never done that myself, nor have I seen it documented anywhere. I also don't know the specific electrical details of how the reset button works, so my suggestion to try a 15 second hold of the reset is just a guess on my part. It may not make any difference at all, but I would probably try it myself if nothing else worked.

I do know from firsthand experience with the sensor chip on my a500 that using the reset button does reset certain hardware components differently than merely powering down and then back up, so you should really try that, and then go on from there to the battery drain method if the hardware reset does not work.

Douvie

Jun 10, 2011
Take it baack and get a replacement. Its only two weeks old. The shop/retailer should replace it - make enough noise.

keatsish

Jan 26, 2017
I know this is years later but thought it might help someone else. My granddaughter had the green screen on her asus notebook. The solution was to hold the power button in until it went off, turn back on again, sorted! ☺