Not impressed with LePan

liv2scoot

Aug 21, 2011
Bought the original TC970 last summer for $300.00 Canadian after taxes. I've hardly used the unit. Went to start it up the other day and it was dead. Shows the charging icon briefly but refuses to start up.

Emailed Lepan for Rma # and attached my receipt. They still made me jump through a number of hoops including registering, opening a case, etc. Not a simple and straight forward process. I'm sure this is done to discourage people. Finally, I did get to send it off. In their defense, they were fairly quick to respond to my hoop-jumping.

To top it all off, they have removed any software updates for this device in their website.

What a waste of money.

Johna2u

May 21, 2011
Did you give it a full charge? Are you charging it with the supplied charger? There is not enough juice to charge from a computer or most other standard usb chargers. You might want to make sure you have charged it correctly before sending it off. It can take a while to get it back.

Any company will want you to register for warranty service.

liv2scoot

Aug 21, 2011
I have to give Lepan credit for a quick repair of my tablet. It was away for 3 weeks. It was the notorious power button problem. The new button is much better. We will see how it stands up over time.