Not Satisfied

Wgaich

Oct 30, 2011
I put the unit through its paces last week. I really wanted to like this tablet, but...

The GPS is not too good - works sparingly. The keyboard "sticks." I enter one letter, and the letter shows up multiple times. The unit has frozen up on occasion. The power cable is really loose when attached to the unit. Video resolution is not as good as I had hoped. While some here say that Vizio is working to correct the external SD Card anomaly, I believe it will be months before they actually deliver on this promise.

I'm taking back to Costco, and may get an HP Touchpad with Android (via CM7) - costs a little more, but with a bigger screen, twice the RAM, dual core processor, and 32 gigs of storage.

SEMIJim

Aug 20, 2011
Save the SD card issue, and the occasionally freezing-up, I've not seen any of your complaints before. I think you got a lemon.

Jim

androidluv

Nov 11, 2011
Same here. I actually have had zero issues with the GPS.

Sent from my VTAB1008 using Android Tablet Forum

dudleydocker

Nov 11, 2011
The only problem I had with the GPS was with the Maps app not working properly. Updating to the latest (just released) version of Maps solved that problem
I did find that if you have marginal GPS reception (inside, tree canopy, etc.) orienting the tablet in a vertical (portrait) position improves the reception somewhat, probably due to the location/orientation of the GPS antenna.
dd