Note taking advice?

lxpeery

Sep 6, 2012
Hey guys. First of all, this may be the wrong place to be posting this, so I apologize in advance for that.

My dilemma is this. I have a laptop and an Acer Iconia tablet. As a college student, note taking is very important to me. What I want to be able to do is type notes on my laptop and draw graphs and do other illustrations on the tablet. I would then like to be able to throw it all together into one file on my laptop, as quickly and efficiently as possible. I have tried evernote, and found that there was far too much work involved to transfer a file from the tablet to the computer, and that by the time I finished, I am way behind in my note-taking. The closest thing that I have found so far is to run Air Display on the tablet, have it mirroring the computer, and then quickly use the pen tool in Microsoft One-Note to draw what I want. I am finding that One-Note is not ideal either though, because the drawings lack any sort of clarity and cannot be resized. Paint works fine, so I know that I can get a good looking drawing through the tablet.

I can't be the only person who has ever wanted to do this, so do you guys have any suggestions? Apps and software suggestions are always appreciated.

Thanks in advance!