Notifications driving me nuts! Please help.

paradisegecko

Nov 19, 2011
I have the VTAB 1008. I am getting aggrevated with the notifications feature. This is my first android device so I may be overlooking something though. I noticed right away even when I ' cleared' notifications through the notifications setting.. a few hours later the exact same notifications poped! I'm referring to download notifications.. so I called Vizio tech support which proved to be worthless. They said ill need to delete the files I downloaded. When I said I can't do that cause I regularly use them the lady said I could turn off notifications from the download app. That doesn't help! I want download notifications but I want them gone when I clear them! Anyway.. after wasting my time with Vizio tech support I figured out on my own that you need to physically open the files through notifications to permanently remove the notifications. Ok great.. I can do that...

Now I have a problem though.. I downloaded an epub file that would not open through notifications (service.android app not responding or something like that). I Downloaded it again and again and it still won't open.. now I have 5 download notifications that come up every few hours no matter how many times I clear them. And I've completely deleted the files! I've tried restarting the tablet.. temporarily turning off download notifications.. etc.

If anyone knows how to fix this stupid bug please let me know. I'm so tempted to take this thing back if I'm gonna have old notifications popping up for years.

Thanks.

bill2

Nov 17, 2011
Sorry if this sounds like a silly question, but have you tried pressing the little X on the notification screen instead of selecting clear all? That's how I've always deleted notifications and the same ones have never reappeared.

paradisegecko

Nov 19, 2011
Nevermind all.. I found a 3rd party app called "download all files" that recognized and opened the epub files. Its amazing how many 3rd party apps I am aklready finding more reliable than the factory installed options.

paradisegecko

Nov 19, 2011
Before I found solution I posted I did try the x's and it did the same thing as 'clear all' option. Thanks for the reply though.

SEMIJim

Aug 20, 2011
I've got "missed call" notifications that won't go away. The pop up every time I reboot. (Which happens more often than necessary, ever since the last VTAB update.) Annoying.

Jim

Jind

Oct 9, 2011
Not sure if you know this, but in the notification screen, if you press the menu button at the bottom right of your VTAB it brings up a menu where if you select Notification Options you will be presented with a list of all the apps on the tablet. You can de-select the apps you don't want to see notifications from.

For the person with download notifications, it is probably your browser ape. I use Dolphin HD and in the app hit the menu button, select more, then a list comes up with other options, one is Downloads. It that screen is an option to clear my download list. This is in Dolphin browser so it may be different depending on the browser you use.

Hope this helps.

Jind

Last edited: