Notion Ink Adam Delayed Again

Discussion in 'Android Tablet News' started by xaueious, Aug 10, 2010.

1. xaueious

xaueious Administrator Staff Member

Tablet / Device:
    Asus Transformer TF300, Huwaei Ideos S7-104, HSG X5A, (Past APAD IMX515, APAD RK2808, RK2818 RT7)
    [​IMG]
    Updated with price range, Aug 12

The Notion Ink Adam is being delayed again, according to Engadget. Some investors have decided to bail on Notion Ink, leaving the company with funding issues which subsequently led to missing the July / August timeline for manufacturing. Now the device wont be available earlier than at least November.

Notion CEO Shravan assures that the device will be available before the year ends, with pricing of all three devices lower than the basic model of the iPad ($499). If this includes the Pixel Qi display variant, this is truly an attractive price for this device. But will we be enticed by more competitive Android tablets by then?

Here's the full quote of Shravan as on Engadget:

(Append)

Google Android 3.0 (Gingerbread) is rumored to be released sometime in Q4 this year. As Android 2.2 does not have official support for large resolution devices such as the 1024x600 the Notion Ink Adam, having an Android 3.0 based device should be more viable than a premature product based on Android 2.2.

(Append 2)
    Via Engadget on Notion Ink blog
    Shravan gave another update for the estimated price of the device:

Sources:

Engadget

2. joshua.lyon

joshua.lyon Member

It is pretty surprising that he said the "pricing of all three devices lower than the basic model of the iPad ($499)." I expected the fully-loaded device to be closed to be above the $500 range with all the hardware included (10" pixel qi, tegra, 3g, 3.2 MP camera, etc). I suppose the hardware could still be subject to change.

3. Admin

Admin Administrator Staff Member

Tablet / Device:
    Kindle Fire
    I'm beginning to really worry about these delays. Too many. Where there's smoke, there's fire. I hope this doesn't end up totally different then what people are expecting. They really need a home run to put themselves on the map.

4. xaueious

xaueious Administrator Staff Member

Tablet / Device:
    Asus Transformer TF300, Huwaei Ideos S7-104, HSG X5A, (Past APAD IMX515, APAD RK2808, RK2818 RT7)
  5. tipstir

tipstir Senior Member Developer

Tablet / Device:
    COBY KYROS 7015 | 7015A
    I say let them take care of all know UAT issues before releasing it.