Novo 7 Basic 4.0.3 Firmware & Nov 7 Paladin 4.0.3 Firmware Update

TurningJohn

Mar 15, 2012
Hi McBub I've tried just about all I can think of on the 115 site to get Knight for my Paladin. At various times the download has terminated at 5.6MB, 15.7MB, 151MB and so on, once I actually got to 299MB (306,291KB) and thought I'd cracked it. I am now in the situation of :- the TF card Formatted, Knight uploaded, file changed to update.zip inserted the TF card, pressed Vol + and On together, 3D android bot showing with mesh ball rotating in front, the blue progress bar getting to within 3mm of the end of loading then it just keeps on at that same position and won't go any further. Have I got a complete download at 306,291KB? Oh by the way having tried reset with and without the TF card in all I now have is the Android Bot then "ainol Tab NOVO7 Paladin" logo on the screen with nothing working at all, the Chinese flashing logo won't come on so I think I've even lost the original operating system. Anything you can suggest will be most welcome.
Thanks John.

PaulaD

Mar 23, 2012
Hi PaulaD I must first apologise for my first thoughts of "Why not just Reset the tablet by pushing something in the reset hole, that will stop it" Wrong!! After having a similar experience with the 115 download site and the Ainol English version I have managed to get to the same point as you were. ie. My machine won't switch off and resetting just starts another loop with or without the TF card in. I'm glad that you have solved your problem though. Have you any idea of how you got to the Paladin download screen from the Ainol website?
Thanks John.
John, sorry for not getting to this board sooner. Here is a link to the Paladin update. novo7paladin-features
I actually found it when I went to the products and scrolled down to the paladin version clicked on it and voila` there was the download. No idea why it wasn't on the support site with the other Basic update. But, there ya go. Hope it works for you. I would have answered this sooner but I hadn't gotten any more notices about new postings. I'll be tickled to hear that it worked for you!
Regards, Paula

PaulaD

Mar 23, 2012
p.s. John.......when I got the new update, it did not update to all Chinese like it was when I first got the tablet. It was in English! All I had to change was the time and I was good to go. Since I didn't have much on there except for the Overdrive Media Console for ebooks, I didn't have much to restore. But not having it in Chinese was super.

TurningJohn

Mar 15, 2012
Hi Paula Thanks for getting back so quickly, some replies on other sites can take weeks. As you say strange that the update isn't where you would expect it.
I've downloaded (about 16 minutes) and transferred to a newly formatted TF card and set the update away but at the moment the update is stalled with about 3mm of the bar still to go and it's been this way for about 20 minutes now. The same thing happened when I tried the update from the Chinese 115 site which took me about 2 hours to download (299MB). I do believe that I now have a hardware as well as a software problem. Incidentally I am having to put in the TF card while the screen is locked up, then while holding down the + and On buttons get someone to do a reset all with the power lead connected so that the battery will charge up again. "Happy Daze" It was a nice try and I appreciate your trying to help thanks again. John.

PaulaD

Mar 23, 2012
Well gosh, John. So sorry to hear it didn't work for you. Was your unit working properly before you tried the update? Trust me...I'm not asking this because I think I could fix it LOL. But it would beg the question that if it was working properly before the update why wouldn't it work now? I'm sort of just thinking out loud. Of course, anything could have gone wrong with the hardware. After all, it is a computer and one can simply look at it cross-eyed and it will go wonky. <saying this with tongue firmly planted in cheek)
Can't believe it only took you 16 minutes to download! Took me probably an hour at the least. Anyway, hoping for the best for you.

TurningJohn

Mar 15, 2012
Hi Paula I've been onto the supplier in China and explained the earlier problem of losing apps and constantly having to reset the machine, they say to take it to the local Service Center but contact them before I get any work done so they can authorize the repair, the fact that it now doesn't work at all may be because of my trying to update the firmware but as you say look at it the wrong way and it throws a wobbler. Anyway I'll see what my local repairer says if I can find one!! Regarding the 16 minutes it's probably because I caught the internet by surprise either that or 50Hz is quicker than 60Hz. Nice to chat, I will report the outcome and I'm sure success, of my Novo 7 Paladin saga.

PaulaD

Mar 23, 2012
John, I wish you the best of luck with this. I love technology but sometimes I just hate it. It's like the newer cars and all their computer systems. My husband used to be able to tear apart and rebuild an engine in a weekend. But now, he wouldn't touch one. Anxious to hear how all this plays out for you. Yes, it is ice to chat and hoping for a good outcome.

theVenerable

Apr 3, 2012
same problem for me.
I accedentally installed the novo update into my paladin, due to the shoddy website design & my incompetence.

Now when i put the 'real' paladin update in, it seems incomplete, utube wont work, screen brightness wont adjust, screen goes brilliant white when in sleep mode!, and i have no android market app.

I will try this unofficial one on this site, and hope it fixes.

This isnt my idea of fun..
no wonder ipads are so popular, fool proof

any tips would be greatly appreciated on how to get utube working if/ when i eventually get my tablet running in the first place

thanks

LeoM

Apr 4, 2012
Hi McBub,
Thaks for sharing, I am succesfully upgrade my Paladin to ICS 4.0.3 with Magic Code 1.3. Now my kids can play more games (with 16 Gb external storage).

McBub.com

Jan 14, 2012
Glad we can help. :) enjoy your tablets.
Hi McBub,
Thaks for sharing, I am succesfully upgrade my Paladin to ICS 4.0.3 with Magic Code 1.3. Now my kids can play more games (with 16 Gb external storage).

McBub.com

Jan 14, 2012
you really should try this firmware, it can fix the problem you are talking,and support android market. just do as our instrucstions. remember to change the file name, press vol+ and power button.

good luck!
same problem for me.
I accedentally installed the novo update into my paladin, due to the shoddy website design & my incompetence.

Now when i put the 'real' paladin update in, it seems incomplete, utube wont work, screen brightness wont adjust, screen goes brilliant white when in sleep mode!, and i have no android market app.

I will try this unofficial one on this site, and hope it fixes.

This isnt my idea of fun..
no wonder ipads are so popular, fool proof

any tips would be greatly appreciated on how to get utube working if/ when i eventually get my tablet running in the first place

thanks

Bluez_cloud

Apr 5, 2012
Hi, i recently got my paladin but when i turned it on it has no sound at all, whether in speaker or earpiece. Is it happening with the software or hardware issue?
My version is 4.01 and when i tried to install ur update it got hanged at the "ainol Tab NOVO7 Paladin7.0" screen for >30 mins.

McBub.com

Jan 14, 2012
HI, please make sure the following things:

1 there are vol button on the side of the paladin, you should press vol+ to get sound.
2 when you do the update, please check:
A you downloaded the right firmware, there are basic and paladin firmware here, please make sure you download the paladin ones;
B please make sure you have changed the update file name to "update"
C please make sure, the micro sd card is formatted, and only have the update.zip file.
D please make sure you press vol+ and power button together when you insert the Micro sd card.

we already flashed a lot of this paladin version,and all of them are great, please try again,and any other questions,please feel free to contact.

thanks

Hi, i recently got my paladin but when i turned it on it has no sound at all, whether in speaker or earpiece. Is it happening with the software or hardware issue?
My version is 4.01 and when i tried to install ur update it got hanged at the "ainol Tab NOVO7 Paladin7.0" screen for >30 mins.

Bluez_cloud

Apr 5, 2012
Hi, thanks for your responses. I have got the sound to work and installed your firmware update.

One problem i encountered is that the data transfer speed usb from PC to the tablet is extremely slow! I mean going at 80kbps on average when transferring videos. Sometimes might just hang there and i do not have an idea on how to fix this.

Is this rate of transfer normal? Or is the usb problem?
My PC cant auto-detect the usb tablet and the driver did not installed successfully.

Last edited:

sblake5

Mar 2, 2012
Not sure if this is related to the firmware update or not but the camera in my Novo 7 Basic (ICS) has stopped working. When I try to use it, I get the message "Unfortunately, camera has stopped" and then it closes. From that point, nothing video or photo oriented will work until the tablet is restarted. Has anyone else ever experienced this?

Last edited: