Novo 7 Basic 4.0.3 Firmware & Nov 7 Paladin 4.0.3 Firmware Update

VICTORMELDREW

Apr 7, 2012
Hello all , i have just tried this update with no luck ! the tablet will power up but will not allow me to unlock it or power down , i have since tried the update several times now and it just wont work ! is there anyway i can restore it to the factory settings ?

McBub.com

Jan 14, 2012
which model do you have? basic or paladin? please make sure you have the formatted Micro sd card, and with the update.zip file in it.

Hello all , i have just tried this update with no luck ! the tablet will power up but will not allow me to unlock it or power down , i have since tried the update several times now and it just wont work ! is there anyway i can restore it to the factory settings ?

VICTORMELDREW

Apr 7, 2012
which model do you have? basic or paladin? please make sure you have the formatted Micro sd card, and with the update.zip file in it.

Hello McBub , Novo Paladin 7, i have manged to up load the update now , but another problem has surfaced ! the android apps market has disappeared and i am unable to download any apps ,any ideas ? :confused:
Regards

sblake5

Mar 2, 2012
McBub, do you have an answer for the problem I mentioned earlier?
Not sure if this is related to the firmware update or not but the camera in my Novo 7 Basic (ICS) has stopped working. When I try to use it, I get the message "Unfortunately, camera has stopped" and then it closes. From that point, nothing video or photo oriented will work until the tablet is restarted. Has anyone else ever experienced this?

McBub.com

Jan 14, 2012
no, i haven't. we don't met this problem before. we can try to ask factory to check for you.

sblake5

Mar 2, 2012
no, i haven't. we don't met this problem before. we can try to ask factory to check for you.
If that was directed at me and the problem with the camera on my Novo 7 Basic, please do check with the factory. I've sent an email to Ainovo but have yet to receive a response.

akundaktau

Apr 16, 2012
hi...i have the same problem,i was put the folder on the sd card ,and it wasnt able to update it..do u sujest to copy it on sd card which is empty and then it will work? correct me ..and other qustion -2} what is the diffrent with 4.0.3 version ?

and last thing 3} i want to share something hapen to my tablet which i have 1 week - i download allot of apps ..and suddenly the tablet was restart himself every 2 minuts..i did reset and it work..someone know what is this problem? virus or something?

THANK U ALL

my experienced....already updated the ics to 4.03..everything works great..wifi...flash...you tube...only the problem...in my GALLERY..i can't see any thumbnail for VIDEO file...its just show the '?' thumbnail..but it can play when open...just curious..where the thumbnail goes? picture thumbnail...no problem...anyone had a same prob?

TurningJohn

Mar 15, 2012
Hi all, further to my earlier woes I am currently waiting for Ainol to get back to me with a program to flash the memory on my Paladin tablet because the repair centre I took it to has exactly the same problem that I've encountered ie. Update screen gets to within about 5% of completion then locks up and nothing works, no switch off, no reset just hang around until the battery runs out. Does anyone know of a memory flashing program for these machines? Ainol as you would expect have not replied as yet and they're taking too long in my opinion. Thanks to Paula I've got the "OFFICIAL" 4.0.3 as well as the Knight from the Chinese 115???? site but still nothing seems to work. Luckily the repair centre is No Fix No Fee. Good Old Babbage!!

PaulaD

Mar 23, 2012
Gosh John.......you've really been put through some nonsense here. Good thing your repair center has the policy of no fix no fee. I don't think I've ever encountered that before. But still, the official Ainol site is a lousy setup. I wouldn't have been put through all that nonsense along with others, if the website had not been such a lousy design. I think there were others on here who had that same experience and I was lucky that I stumbled on it quite by accident. Remember the days when a company took responsibility for their products? Keep us posted John. I keep checking back here to see if you've gotten any help or satisfaction.

sblake5

Mar 2, 2012
I was finally able to get my camera working on my Ainol Novo 7 Basic by re flashing the firmware (again). There must have been a problem in the update file I used the first time.

TurningJohn

Mar 15, 2012
17th May and still no Paladin, the Chinese retailers haven't even received it back yet. This was probably because the cost of postage was so prohibitive that I did not send it tracked! (Our postal system will track an item to most counties but not China) (They wanted almost half the value of the Novo just to track it within the UK) "Nuff said". I will post the results of my efforts when there are any developments. Incidentally I'm still waiting for the inspection report from the no fix no fee repairer promised me. (You get what you pay for!!!) :-(

TurningJohn

Mar 15, 2012
Hi to PaulaD again, I thought, as several people have been having problems with the Novo7 that I would check out an alternative! Looked at the Flytouch 3 10.2 inch tablet and am now running scared! It has stopped me right in my tracks, at least we have an idea that what we bought was the real thing, even if it is taking some time to get it working. If you are into Alfred Hitchcock or Stephen King then be prepared to be frightened out of your wits with the Flytouch 3 sagas. Go on have a look, you know you want to.

PaulaD

Mar 23, 2012
Hi to PaulaD again, I thought, as several people have been having problems with the Novo7 that I would check out an alternative! Looked at the Flytouch 3 10.2 inch tablet and am now running scared! It has stopped me right in my tracks, at least we have an idea that what we bought was the real thing, even if it is taking some time to get it working. If you are into Alfred Hitchcock or Stephen King then be prepared to be frightened out of your wits with the Flytouch 3 sagas. Go on have a look, you know you want to.

Nope! Don't think so John! Don't do Stephen King. so....uh uh....no way. LOL:p