Novo 7 ELF vs Novo 8 - which would you choose?

jsp_1983

Dec 11, 2011
UP until very recently I was looking to buy the Novo 8. It has a nice resolution and appears to have a decent processor.

Now I've seen the ELF and am wondering which of the two I should buy.

The ELF is cheaper, has a 7" profile (which I want), an ideal screen resolution and ICS. However, I've read some discussions that say that because the processor is MIPS, it isn't compatible with all programs: is this something to be concerned about? I'm primarily going to use it as an ebook reader, a web browser and occasionally something to watch films on, but I'd probably find other uses for it, too.

Almaz

Jan 13, 2012
Elf and Aurora tablets comes with the same processor all winner 10, which is ARM Cortex 8. Check out latest novo7 aurora and it comes with IPS screen. I just ordered Aurora 7 inch mainly for reading ebooks because it's got 1GB of RAM, IPS screen and 10mm thin compare to NOVO 8 15mm. I think battery life should be better on Aurora because screen is a little bit smaller compare to NOVO 8. http://translate.googleusercontent....roduct&usg=ALkJrhgLcoQWaATM7gd2d4o84TQdJ-I15Q

Sent from my phone

Last edited:

jsp_1983

Dec 11, 2011
I see... So the only difference with the Aurora is the increased viewing angle?

It's so hard to keep up with these Ainol releases...

Almaz

Jan 13, 2012
well yes and no. Search wiki for IPS screen. I think aurora is a little bit thinner

Sent from my phone

jsp_1983

Dec 11, 2011
Okay. I've just had a look at the Aurora and have seen a couple of videos where the unit has quite a bit of lag. Slightly worrying, but I'm assuming that it should be fixable with a firmware upgrade at some point?

Pandawill seems to be the cheapest for it and DHL shipping at the moment ($175). Any other places that might offer a better price?

alshark

Jan 23, 2012
Okay. I've just had a look at the Aurora and have seen a couple of videos where the unit has quite a bit of lag. Slightly worrying, but I'm assuming that it should be fixable with a firmware upgrade at some point?

Pandawill seems to be the cheapest for it and DHL shipping at the moment ($175). Any other places that might offer a better price?

I have been looking at the review videos and the main interface lag really worries me. Novo 7 advanced seams to be much more responsive than aurora besides the specs.
I will wait for decent video review before ordering. All I have seen so far are sponsored reviews which will never show the whole truth about the device.

If someone owns elf/aurora, review is welcome even if it is few lines.

SpeMall.com

Jul 13, 2011
Elf and Aurora tablets comes with the same processor all winner 10, which is ARM Cortex 8. Check out latest novo7 aurora and it comes with IPS screen. I just ordered Aurora 7 inch mainly for reading ebooks because it's got 1GB of RAM, IPS screen and 10mm thin compare to NOVO 8 15mm. I think battery life should be better on Aurora because screen is a little bit smaller compare to NOVO 8.
Sent from my phone
Yes, the Ainol Novo Elf and Ainol Novo Aurora will both good choices!:)

tazthedog

Jan 30, 2012
I have had my Elf for a week now and am very impressed overall. So far it has run everything I have thrown at with no problems. It is an excellent video player with a great screen (I'm sure IPS screen may be better but exactly how good does a tablet screen really need to be?) and TV hook up is brilliant. Kindle downloads easily from the onboard 'market' and works perfectly. Holds wireless connection perfectly and has no problems picking up internet when tethered to my ZTE Blade phone.

Obviously there is an issue with lack of Android Market and BBC iPlayer is not currently supported. I am aware of Lord's script but it appears that there have been varying degrees of success running this so I'm waiting for the rumoured Ainol fix to be released. Does anyone know if this rumour of a fix from Ainol is grounded in fact?

By the way I bought mine from ChinaGrabber who seem to get some bad press - my experience i.e. delivered from China to me in UK in exactly 7 days, was great!