Novo 7 Legend ICS Upgrade to Jellybean Lost Wifi...

PhoenixUK

Feb 21, 2012
Hi All,

There's not much support forum content wise knocking around at present for this relatively new Allwinner A13 - Ainol Novo 7 Legend but I thought I'd ask here anyway;

Hi There,

I've just bought an Ainol Novo 7 Legend 7" Android Tablet running 4.0.1 Ice Cream Sandwich from Futeko.com this week for our Son's Xmas Eve Birthday Present and confirmed with them that, as and when a 4.1+ Jelly Bean update became available, I could flash and upgrade to JB without affecting the Warranty, cool huh!!!

You can see the device info with ICS installed, as it was when we received it from the supplier here... $Novo7Legend_Android_4.0.4_ICS.jpg

So I went on to their website Futeko.Com Novo 7 Legend JB Upgrade Download Page With Instructions and proceeded to download the JB image and also the LiveSuite program. I've flashed several past Android Phones and Tablets, along with many other tech devices like laptops, desktops and so forth. You could say I didn't worry too much about anything going wrong, I had faith in my own ability *but could I have faith in a brand I'd never tried, time will tell*.

It all went very smooth indeed, the device came back on... changing the initial default Chinese text on the system was very straight forward with Futeko's guidance on the same page I downloaded the upgrade from.

You can see the device info with JB installed, after upgrade this evening here... $Novo7Legend_Android_4.1.1_JB.jpg

So all is well right the way through the device and it's new clothing (Jellybean) but then WHAM... The Novo's Wi-Fi just will not turn on, let alone connect to our wi-fi router, so the Wifi slider button after approx 3 seconds or so just turns itself straight back off.

I know I had this working straight out of the box when the device had 4.0.4 ICS installed on it, so it has to be something that's been left out of this 4.1.1 JB upgrade, doesn't it?
sad.gif

The guys at Futeko aren't to blame for the above, they've been mega helpful to me this past week whilst choosing the best tablet I can for our son and just all round great customer service which is much appreciated.

I love the device too, I don't think anybody could have any true complaints about it for the price, £62.99 in the UK with EIGHT GB internal storage all together, that's without putting in up to 32gb micro sd should you want to. I know some 4GB internal storage versions are going for more than 63 nicker!!

Anyway, I just thought I'd give you guys above an update on my experience this evening, I also hope we can get some more movement on support, ideas, tech whizz's input for this specific make and model of device to get the best out of them!!!

I look forward to hearing from you all soon, oh and...

Merry Chrriiissssttttmmmmmmaaaaaasssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss!!!!!

P.S. Is there a different ROM out there that would work on my device, I could always try that? Oh and I did a 2nd install to see if it may have inadvertently missed something off the initial JB upgrade but the Wifi button not turning on is still happening.

sikocano

Jan 29, 2013
I have the exact same problem.

I have a Ainol 7" Legend Novo 8GB ... The problem is Ainol replaced the wifi chip with a Realtek brand and hence the drivers are not included, only if there was a way to fix this.

did you find a solution?

My one also have a problem when in ICS the photos and videos would be upside down regardless Auto Rotate is on or off. However in Jelly this problem doesn't exist.

Could anyone please help? thanks :)