novo 7 paladin wifi issues and rattling noise

novo7user

Jan 17, 2012
Hello, i have just purchased a novo 7 paladin with the 4.0.1 firmwire installed. I am experencing that the wifi cuts off or the data link speed is very slow. I measure between 1mbps and 65mbps when i am located next to my wireless router. I have a n300 netgear router which is a fairly new type. I have contacted the place where i purchased the tablet and they advised me that my router may not be suitable. Has anybody else noticed this problem or can you suggest a fix?
Also i have noticed if i move my novo around a rattling noise can be noticed. To me it looks like something is loose. Again i have been advised by the novo seller that this is normal. Can anybody else confirm if they have also noticed this rattling. Thanks

sachin_

Jan 28, 2012
Please update your router's wifi channel to either 1or 2, basically any number below 5 and then reconnect the wifi. This will solve your issue.

UncleMike

Jan 27, 2012
Hey, novo7user......I just brought my Paladin home three days ago.....and I haven't noticed any rattling at all. Does this happen when you just pick it up and shake it like a can of spray paint? If so......is it when you shake it from side-to-side......or top-to-bottom? (not that it makes any difference probably.....just in case others want to try it, they should probably be shaking it the same way.) I have no mechanical noises coming from mine at all; mine feels as solid as a brick.

sachin_

Jan 28, 2012
Hey, novo7user......I just brought my Paladin home three days ago.....and I haven't noticed any rattling at all. Does this happen when you just pick it up and shake it like a can of spray paint? If so......is it when you shake it from side-to-side......or top-to-bottom? (not that it makes any difference probably.....just in case others want to try it, they should probably be shaking it the same way.) I have no mechanical noises coming from mine at all; mine feels as solid as a brick.
And addon to that..please try to hold the physical button and then try to shake..its probably those physical button that are making the noise.

novo7user

Jan 17, 2012
A
nd addon to that..please try to hold the physical button and then try to shake..its probably those physical button that are making the noise.
hi i can hear the noise if i shake it like a paint can. It appears to be the internal battery. The person who sold it to me says it a normal feature. I think he is chatting crap.

novo7user

Jan 17, 2012
Please update your router's wifi channel to either 1or 2, basically any number below 5 and then reconnect the wifi. This will solve your issue.
sachin i tried different wifi channels but it does not fix it. I think its a hardware issue with the novo. Hopefully the firmware updates will fix it.

sachin_

Jan 28, 2012
sachin i tried different wifi channels but it does not fix it. I think its a hardware issue with the novo. Hopefully the firmware updates will fix it.
Ohh..I was facing the same issue in my paladin (eifi connectivity issue) but when i changed the wifi channel of my wrt54g to 1, I was able to connect it properly.
Are you able to scan the wifi router in your paladin?