Novo 7 Paladin

Androidfonefan

Jan 14, 2012
There is a way to change it over to English in settings.
Do a youtube search on your tablet and just start watching. One of them has directions on changing the Chinese over to English.

Sent from my VTAB1008 using Android Tablet Forum

UncleMike

Jan 27, 2012
Do a youtube search on your tablet and just start watching. One of them has directions on changing the Chinese over to English.

Thanks, babe; why do I always forget that someone else has been there, done that..........AND had the camera running!!

Later

CherAlways

Feb 1, 2012
Hi Guys and Gals,

I recently received the Chinese version of the Novo 7 Paladin; and have a few questions for those who are more experienced with the product.

I added several music albums to the device and I can get songs to play through the built-in Media Player; however only one song plays at a time. Does anyone know how I can get it to play other songs after the one selected ends? It is very annoying having to keep choosing one single song after another.

Also, I know the device has lots of built-in memory; however I cannot seem to find anything that I save on the device. Instead, I had to purchase a Micro-SD card, and save the files onto it, and can find them there. How do I save and find files in the built in memory?

My device freezes when I watch YouTube videos on the built-in web browser. I was able to download a YouTube application, and that seems to work fine. Is there any way I can use the web browser in the future without it freezing?

Thanks for your help!

-Zach :)

bapool

Jan 23, 2011
I am busy setting up a student version of this one as we are going to deploy one to all our 8th grade next year. I am VERY happy with them. I did find a version of YouTube that worked fine with it and a version of flash as well. Right now I am trying to get a version of TI-83, Andie Graph, or TI-86 to work on it. Anyone have any luck with one of these APKs?

BoltGnut

Jan 14, 2012
May I ask which version of YouTube works for you.
Also let us know if any of you get Flash files to work.
I love my Paladin but feel like I am dealing with a lame early iphone.
I'm still searching . . .
TIA

UncleMike

Jan 27, 2012
Hi Guys and Gals,

I recently received the Chinese version of the Novo 7 Paladin; and have a few questions for those who are more experienced with the product.

I added several music albums to the device and I can get songs to play through the built-in Media Player; however only one song plays at a time. Does anyone know how I can get it to play other songs after the one selected ends? It is very annoying having to keep choosing one single song after another.

Also, I know the device has lots of built-in memory; however I cannot seem to find anything that I save on the device. Instead, I had to purchase a Micro-SD card, and save the files onto it, and can find them there. How do I save and find files in the built in memory?

My device freezes when I watch YouTube videos on the built-in web browser. I was able to download a YouTube application, and that seems to work fine. Is there any way I can use the web browser in the future without it freezing?

Thanks for your help!

-Zach :)

Hey, Zach....welcome to the "club". I've had my Paladin for a week and I'm still wasting time with it ......'er, playing around, too!

If it doesn't start to look more promising soon......I'll bite the bullet and go for the BlackBerry Playbook at Costco for $197!

I'm guessing we just need to find a cheap/small/free alternative to the onboard media player...one which is intelligent enough to go NEXT by itself! Anyone????

Same question here on the memory: how do you get AT it??

Ditto on all these questions (or.....+1 as they say on other forums) Please, folks.......we're just newbies trying to justify the purchase of this little toy!

Good luck to ALL of us! Hopefully China (or whoever) can come up with a lot of support for this thing fast or it's gonna die on the vine.

Last edited:

breezy36

Feb 8, 2012
Hi Gary and all,
I am tearing my hair out because my Ainol novo7 Paladin will not respond to touch at all. It starts and shows the lock on the screen then nothing. If anyone has had this problem and solved it I would love to know how. I am willing to do a factory reset but need really basic directions such as,do you start with the tablet on or off, what keys do you hold and for how long. I have pushed in the reset key and held the power button many times to no avail. I downloaded the upgrade to 4.0.3 and it is on the sd micro card,how do I get it into the tablet. Any help or other stored restore help is not available to help as the tablet will not respond to any touch.I am a newbee,if you can help think of telling a 3 year old all the steps you must take. Many thanks, forums seem to be my only hope.I think I would like the darn thing if I could just restore the capacative touch.
Breezy

jabby

Apr 22, 2011
Hi Gary and all,
I am tearing my hair out because my Ainol novo7 Paladin will not respond to touch at all. It starts and shows the lock on the screen then nothing. If anyone has had this problem and solved it I would love to know how. I am willing to do a factory reset but need really basic directions such as,do you start with the tablet on or off, what keys do you hold and for how long. I have pushed in the reset key and held the power button many times to no avail. I downloaded the upgrade to 4.0.3 and it is on the sd micro card,how do I get it into the tablet. Any help or other stored restore help is not available to help as the tablet will not respond to any touch.I am a newbee,if you can help think of telling a 3 year old all the steps you must take. Many thanks, forums seem to be my only hope.I think I would like the darn thing if I could just restore the capacative touch.
Breezy
Haveyou followed these instructions?
1. Download firmware file
2. Rename to downloaded file to "update.zip" and copy to SD card.
3. Shut down device and insert the SD card containing "update.zip"
4. Press and hold Volume + and Power button. You can release the power button when the logo appears.
5. Upgrade process will start. This takes a long time - WAIT !!!

Good luck- John

Kristie_L

May 10, 2011
I did as instructed-the Android appears; then a new Android appears laying down with an open chest. it does its thing and reboots-every thing is exactly the same as far as I can tell. I bought this mystry toy to watch movies on so I wouldn't always have to travel with a laptop. I am confused and disapointed.

jabby

Apr 22, 2011
I did as instructed-the Android appears; then a new Android appears laying down with an open chest. it does its thing and reboots-every thing is exactly the same as far as I can tell. I bought this mystry toy to watch movies on so I wouldn't always have to travel with a laptop. I am confused and disapointed.
A double check: You MUST have a micro SD or SDHC card of any capacity. You can't update from the internal SD card. Here is a more detailed set of instruction. I would recommend that you download the update file again to make sure you have a clean file.
1. Download firmware file "update_paladin_4.0.3.zip" (do not unzip)
2. Rename the downloaded file to "update.zip" (do not include quotes) and copy to root directory of the external SD card.
3. Power down the device and insert the SD card containing "update.zip"
4. Press and hold Volume + and Power button. You can release the power button when the logo appears. You can release the vol+ when the start screen appears.
5. Upgrade process will start. This takes a long time - WAIT !!! IT WILL REBOOT
6. After update is complete, power down and remove the SD card and delete the "update.zip" and replace the card. You can then power up and continue as normal.

Regards - John
P.S. Do you have a micro SD card reader? If you do and also have a spare micro sd card you might consider formating the spare (FAT32) and using it for the update.

breezy36

Feb 8, 2012
Thanks John,

Have been working on this most of the day. I did all as instructed but when I got the android figure lying down there is a big red triangle with a white exclmation point and things seem to stop at that point. No luck. Here is my question,this is an upgrade,what I need is a factory reset, are they the same thing or not. I can't get to the settings without the touch response. Does any combination of the 3 keys on the side of the tablet allow you to do a factory reset? My netbook with win xp recognizes the device but I don't see how they interact. I downloaded the ingenics x burst driver into the netbook which allows it to be recognized. My only hope is some combo of keys or a way to sync the netbook with the tablet.
Thanks for any help,I appreciate it.

breezy36

Feb 8, 2012
Any way to do a factory reset without any touch response to the screen? Any key combos or usb connection to a pc that could get me to the settings on the tablet. More than anything I would just like to have the touch response restored,without that I can do nothing with the tablet.
Thanks,

jabby

Apr 22, 2011
Any way to do a factory reset without any touch response to the screen? Any key combos or usb connection to a pc that could get me to the settings on the tablet. More than anything I would just like to have the touch response restored,without that I can do nothing with the tablet.
Thanks,
I think I would try to remove the sdcard and then do the power/vol+ thing as if you were trying to do an update. Just something to try.

Regards - John