Novo 7 Paladin

jsanford

Oct 12, 2011
Can anyone send to my address an english version of the chinese manual of Novo Paladin?

I'd love one but I don't think it exists. the settings layout looks like the settings on my acer a100. I did a hard reset and it all
came back in Chinese. That's a heart stopper. I set my a100 side by side with novo and figured out where the settings were
for language and got it back to English

Why did I do a reset? Because I bought it to play with so I did that.

Not a lot of apps in Market yet for ICS but I'm hopeful. No Angry Birds yet. At some point I'd like to load it with games and give
it to my grandson.

jsanford

Oct 12, 2011
I'd like to upgrade to 4.0.3. Where do I find that file? Should I find it with my PC, load it on SD card and then use that SD card in my novo?

breezy36

Feb 8, 2012
I seem to be able to start the install process but with the android lying down I get a red triangle with an exclaimation point and thats it,no more installing.I must try either using buttons or a pc to try things as lack of touch response means I don't have acess to the restore capabilities on the tablet. Many hours spent trying different stuff.
Thanks for any help.

breezy36

Feb 8, 2012
Failed to mention my tablet is ainol paladin.Tried for long hours to get the driver for ingenics jz4770. would sure love to hear from some more experienced than I am.
thanks

Binderdundat2

Feb 14, 2012
Hi, I'm looking to find out how to get my Paladin to recognize the USB qwerty keyboard that I bought with it. Pandamill just doesn't seem to have any answers. When I plug the keyboard (using an adapter to get from Regular USB to Mini USB) into the tablet, nothing happens. If I plug the keyboard into my PC, the three indicating lights display and I can keep the "num lock" led on. Could it be that the mini USB doesn't supply enough or any power back to the keyboard. I have installed USB Device Info App, but it doesn't detect the keyboard either. Does the firmware update to 4.0.3 solve this issue? It would be nice if someone from tech support working at Ainol would monitor this forum so that straight answers could be supplied. Cheers,

jabby

Apr 22, 2011
Hi, I'm looking to find out how to get my Paladin to recognize the USB qwerty keyboard that I bought with it. Pandamill just doesn't seem to have any answers. When I plug the keyboard (using an adapter to get from Regular USB to Mini USB) into the tablet, nothing happens. If I plug the keyboard into my PC, the three indicating lights display and I can keep the "num lock" led on. Could it be that the mini USB doesn't supply enough or any power back to the keyboard. I have installed USB Device Info App, but it doesn't detect the keyboard either. Does the firmware update to 4.0.3 solve this issue? It would be nice if someone from tech support working at Ainol would monitor this forum so that straight answers could be supplied. Cheers,
You need a special adapter (OTG Adapter). Google "mini usb otg host Adapter". Make sure you get a mini and not a micro usb adapter. Here is a link to an ebay selection if you can wait a couple of weeks:

mini usb otg host Adapter | eBay

Regards - John

breezy36

Feb 8, 2012
Since I have no touch response,I have tried so many,many things to get to the stuff on the tablet. With the adapter that John wrote about could it be possible to control the Ainol novo7 Paladin??

It seems that I could ;ok a tether,get to a factory reset,or other helpful features that I can't control without the touch feature.

This is a very helpful forum,thanks to all
Breezy

sokoll99

Jan 30, 2012
Guys be certain that you are using the update file for NOVO 7 Paladin Knight or Knight update file...I just checked the Ainol website using google translate and as of right now there is no official update...there were a lot of posts floating around last month about a 4.0.3 update that only applied to the "Leader" variant of the product (I interpreted this as "Novo 7 Advanced") or the files were flagged to as "Allwinner" a reference to the ARM processor.

The Knight version will be significantly different because the Paladin is a based around an Ingenic MIPS based processor and I believe although I am not certain that the others in the Novo 7 family are centered around ARM based processors. If you find you made an error and your device is busy imitating a brick or you don't know which keys to press there are several alternatives...

1. If your problems are which keys to press try circulating on the websites for flash instructions for the device I found this on my pandawill forum:

1. Download firmware file
2. Rename to update.zip and copy to SD card
3. Shut down device and insert the SD card containing the update.zip
4. Press and hold Volume - and Power button
5. Upgrade process will start, WAIT
6. Once done the device will reboot

I have also seen some instructions that say to hold down the volume (+) button instead of the (-) but those have largely disappeared from the net

If the problem is the device is a brick I am not sure exactly how to proceed...but you CAN download the original factory installed version of ICS for the Paladin from the Ainol website...the method I have used is to copy the entire page and dump it into google translate then count how many download Icons down the page I have to go inorder to pick the correct file...you can also download the factory installed mips applications/games this way...

the ainol website is located here:
ÏÂÔØÖÐÐÄ - °¬Åµµç×Ó

ChadLove

Feb 21, 2012
I am completely able to log into the android market. However, I don't seem to have the google calendar. I am able to sync my google account and if I open Business Calendar, I am not able to sync it to google calendar as it doesn't appear. Where am I going wrong?

DrRichard

Feb 10, 2012
I have managed to do the upgrade and everything works ok. I just need to reset the language to English, any hints on where in the Chines based menu system the correct setting page is.

DrRichard

Feb 10, 2012
Only did the uppgrade because I wanted to do away with the compatability problems and guess what? I still have the compatibilty problems. Unable to Facebook fro Android along with numerous other apps that I run on my Samsung Galaxy S. Looks like it is going to be confined to the cupboard and I will go and buy an Android 3.1 tablet from Tesco.
What a waste of money.

fava

Feb 11, 2012
I am also trying to find some apps but it is very frustrating. I can't find any free app to read pdf files !!! Everything is wrong...I can't stand the damn Ainol.....
Please help...

DrRichard

Feb 10, 2012
I have now definately come to the conclusion that this tablet was a total waste of money due to the fact that Android 4 just has not been thought out properly and is not supported sufficiently.
Will now relegate it to the junk cipboard until I can work up the enthusiasm to put it on Ebay.
Back to the Galaxy S phone for now and the look for a tablet running Android 3.?