NOVO7 Elf or Zenithink C71?

bgoins12

Dec 29, 2010
So I posted last night in the Zenithink section about the C71. I'm told it's a good tablet, however I woke up this morning to a private message from a member here that strongly recommended the NOVO7 Elf over the C71.

I looked at the specs, and compared to the C71, the Elf seems to be a much better tablet, except that it doesn't have an accelerometer. True? I just can't trust any sources online because some places say it does, while others say it doesn't have one.

I noticed they do have a website with firmware updates and such. That, and SpeMall has it on sale for $139.99, which is under my $150 budget.

I've never heard of the CPU in it, so I was wondering.....is it compatible with all of the downloads in the Android Market?

Any help would be great....including recommending another similar model. I just want one that's decent and has enough support for firmware updates and such instead of the super cheap fly by night ones that have no support whatsoever.

This Archos 32 is driving me nuts with its' tiny screen!

-William

Last edited:

bgoins12

Dec 29, 2010
Hmph.... looks like the C71 may be the winner. The Elf doesn't have volume buttons, and it seems that it doesn't have an accelerometer either.

I can definitely sacrifice the extra CPU speed for the accelerometer and volume buttons.

EDIT - I definitely need someone that owns an Aurora or Elf. There's so much conflicting info....some say they both have full accelerometers, and others say they don't.

Last edited:

Tanzanite

Jan 14, 2012
Hi bgoins,

I have both with ICS and I have to say that I enjoy C71 more (or rather my wife enjoy it more and it gives me less headaches :) ). When we received Novo 7 ELF I had to root it to get access to Android Market and it also only had a Chinese Manual.

C71 worked perfectly out of the box. Ainol might have updated the software so i could be unfair but that was /is my experience.

bgoins12

Dec 29, 2010
Well, after more research, I've decided to get the Novo7 Aurora. It's only $20 over my budget, but it's feature rich and it has a gorgeous IPS screen.

I've been watching this guy's reviews -

And it seems that it's the only way to go in that price range. Will update on here when it arrives.

Last edited by a moderator:

jiveturkee

Sep 17, 2011
Well, after more research, I've decided to get the Novo7 Aurora. It's only $20 over my budget, but it's feature rich and it has a gorgeous IPS screen.

I've been watching this guy's reviews -

And it seems that it's the only way to go in that price range. Will update on here when it arrives.

Where did you order from? I heard they aren't shipping until after 3/15

Last edited by a moderator:

bgoins12

Dec 29, 2010
Where did you order from? I heard they aren't shipping until after 3/15

I just ordered mine from androidinabox.com. They seem to be the only ones taking pre-orders. Apparently they are backordered because they are switching from a Hitachi screen to an LG screen.

Either way, I'm glad I opted for the Aurora.