novo7 paladin 4.0.3 ics--Anybody got one of these working ok out of the box?

userbe1155

Nov 8, 2011
Hi all, I've gone ahead & got one of these for my son from a uk seller. It states that it has android market fix update. I just want know if anyone out there has bought one and had no issues with it from the start. Also if there is anything that seems to bug all of these tabs. I've seen a few frustrated owners on this site so I'm hoping its not too much to worry about. It came at a great price with a 16gb sd thrown in which makes me think are theoy getting rid of them this cheap for a reason. Any info would be a great help.

Sent from my M9701 using Android Tablet

Binderdundat2

Feb 14, 2012
I bought one a couple of months ago to take to Mexico, something cheep that I wouldn't miss if I lost it or if it got stolen. It cam back with me. I am assuming that you were able to navigate to the system settings and change the language settings to English. If not then touch on the icon that looks like a graphic equalizer with three slide bars. Then the first heading will be for the wireless set up, the next main heading is for "Devise" then the next main heading is for "Personal", here you will see the fourth subheading that has an icon that looks like an "A" in a white box. This is the language subheading. Touch on that and on the right side you will be able to choose you native language. Most are listed there. Everything will then change to your language. Makes it much easier to do everthing else. Next you would best set yourself up with a GMAIL account. You can then go online and register at the Market and let it know the tablet that you will be using. The best thing you can do is once you get on the "Market" or the "Play Store" is to download a free app called "Market Unlocker". Once installed, choose any USA or possibly in your case an UK ISP. Then the Android market won't think you are in China anymore. Then download free App called Android Assistant. This is a good App for quick killing of system cache to boost speed when it gets sluggish. Then download the APP called "App 2 SD free". Be sure to slid a micro SD chip into the tablet. Slot is on the left side. I have put an 8GB in mine but it will take up to 16GB. Good for a few movies when going on a trip. When ever you download more App's the program will automatically ask you if you want to transfer to the SD chip. There are some, not a lot that will not transfer, those are usually system apps. You can pretty well uninstall most of the Chinese apps unless of course you can read Chinese. I found this inexpensive device to work just fine. You just have to remember that it isn't the same as your $500 - $1k laptop as some people in this forum seem to think. When you install App's be sure to un-check the "auto upgrade" check box. Most apps like to upgrade frequently so it will use up some of the tablet resources when they do so. You can then upgrade them when you want to. I have never had any difficulty with Wi-Fi once I find how close I have to be to the transmitter. The reason I have come to this forum is because I bought the universal tablet keyboard case when I bought the Tablet. It was a suggestion that Pandawill.com made when I chose the tablet for the cart. The keyboard didn't work. I did buy the USB to micro-USB adapter but no luck. I have since bought another keyboard thinking that I might have got a dud the first time around. Only $20 CAN so no big deal. But once I got it, it also doesn't work so I am here to see if anyone else has found a fix yet. Hope you have as much fun with your Paladin as I have. Cheers.