NowSupplier

moxiebee

Dec 28, 2010
Would you please post what M pixel camera you got. I got this same tablet, apps don't work, no market, no youtube, flash had to be reinstalled, and camera advertised as 1.3M. It actually is a 200M and garbage. Now Supplier says where the manual says its a 200M (and the picture quality is very poor to reflect a 200M camera) Now Supplier says when they opened the tablet it is about a 1.3M. ABOUT???? Liars. Did you ever know a manufacturer put in something BETTER than what is in their description . As I say the picture quality sucks, video has no sound. SoBuying site says firmware needs next few updates for everything to work right. Other posts agree. They offered to refund me $5.00 through Pay Pal for camera screw up. What a insult. That's about the worth of a 200M camera these days. Please don't lead folks on to buy from them, see the thread "NowSupplier" buying experience. You will see even the moderator Feverhost had problems and there are pages and pages of complaints. Good Luck Really hope yours works out for you.

moxiebee

Dec 28, 2010
Thank you Feverhost for your comments. I checked with my credit card company and they have been in contact with Pay Pal. I'm hoping this is a good sign, at least they are communicating. It's a shame because this could be a great tablet. As I read posts I have come to the conclusion that they all have jumped the gun with this one. As SoBuying says "next few updates should fix all problems". I didn't buy a tablet that will work in the future, maybe. I think NowSupplier may have ordered 1.3M pixels units but got 200M, didn't catch it before they sent them out. They obviously didn't even look at the booklet with the specs that came with the units because they asked ME where I got 200M from, in the book, look at the photos I sent. Then when they offer a $5.00 refund through pay pal that was it! I'll keep you'll updated. Sorry my threads were so long. I only hope at this point to keep others from this frustration. My hubsand said " go buy whatever you want, this isn't worth the frustration". Funny, he's the one who actually bought it as a gift for me. Oh well, live and learn, just want my money back, its a matter of principal now. Thanks again

sinister1

Dec 6, 2010
Moxiebee, I missed the part about the $5.00 what happened there. Is that to have your camera lens cleaned?? J/k with you, but I really am curious.

NightLord

Dec 13, 2010
Well guys, to my greatest shock earlier today I received my 8" RK2818 ordered from NS on the 5th of december. It seems to be working alright, so no problems with the tablet after the first half hour of toying with it.

It seems by the way, that my package was indeed shipped on the 21st of december, as NS claimed, and it took some 26 days to be delivered by EMS, which is downright atrocios. Even plain registered air mail gets here in two weeks.

Im upholding my paypal claim for refunding the express shipping costs.

Last edited:

feverhost

Super Moderator
Staff member
Nov 26, 2010
Nightlord: Appears we bought the same tablet... the 8" Rk2818 aPad. Since playing with mine lastnight (for a few hours) and today (for a few hours) it has crashed on me twice. The tablet just freezes, then shows about 8 red lines from left to right. I have to hit the reset button... then it comes back normally. Strange...

sinister1

Dec 6, 2010
I agree PLEASE DON'T praise them. They fed that line to several of us. We were all waiting,,, and waiting,,, and waiting,,, and waiting. Why was it that they were the only ones having this problem?? I bought (tablets) from other China suppliers this Christmas, with no issues, they were at my door within 2 weeks, but when I bought from NOWSUPPLIER.. I got lies, and excuses. I am glad that they got your replacement sent to you, and I hope it's all you expect it to be, but don't be surprised if its not. I will never send them another penny!

feverhost

Super Moderator
Staff member
Nov 26, 2010
moxiebee: Good luck with your situation. I truly hope you get the absolute best result... also, if applicable, what other device (tablet) are you interested in?

NightLord

Dec 13, 2010
Have you noticed any recognizable patterns regarding the lockups?
Mine seems stabile, I haven't experienced any lockups yet.
On the other hand, it seems that the wall charger won't charge the device (the charging led wont light up, and there is no increase in battery voltage after an ovrenight charging, although the device does display that it's working from A/C when plugged in). The supplied USB cable seems to charge it though when plugged into a computer.

Edit: I've just received a 24$ refund for the shipping costs.

Last edited:

moxiebee

Dec 28, 2010
Feverhost I'm open for anything. Basically what I want to do is surf the internet and do Video chat on gmail to my son and daughter in law who are also teachers, in the Dominican Republic at the Claire Morgan School, a english speaking prep school. My two grandbabies are there also and I miss them a lot. This would help me not to have to be at home at a certain time since they are 2 hours ahead of me here in Texas. My hubsand is itching to root it but I said "NO, this baby is going back. I want to tether a tablet to my Droid 1, and you know the ad hoc problem with Androids. My hubby is researching it, for whatever tablet I end up with.

By the way I got some new info for you'll. Below is a copy of their email to me that I woke up to this A.M. and my response to Now Supplier. This morning they asked for examples of the photos and videos that the tablet is taking. I had already sent them but sent them again this A.M.. I guess they got notified that I exclated my pay pal claim. I checked with paypal and my credit card company. What I found out is below, interesting??? This keeps getting stranger and stranger. Someone asked about the $5.00 offer they gave me, I guess they thought that would compensate me for the camera not working. I feel so much better having this group to talk to. Let me know what you'll think.

I woke up to this from NowSupplier:

Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2011 10:37:06 +0800
Subject: Re: reply your question about samsung s5vp210
To: [email protected]

Dear buyer,
could you take some pictures for the spot on the lense?
as for the pixel of the cameral.
we write the information 1.3m pixel on our website all the time.we never don't say it is 200m pixel.
the actual information is base on the information on our website.
the manual provide a wrong camera pixel.
hope your understanding.

WHAT????? What do you think that meant????? I sent the following to them this A.M. with 2 photos and 2 videos. The credit card info below that I got shows a US address and phone # and the name of Mark Paypal, sounds like an alias to me. I would never suggest that we all call Mr. Mark Paypal, and let him know of our experiences, me never! I'm not done yet, they messed with the wrong person this time. I have contacted my nephew in the State Department in Washington DC. He said he will give me info that might help. I will pass it on when I get it if I think it will help. All the news this morning was about how we need to trade with China. Ha Ha Ha. No thanks Hiliary, never again. At least we all have a US connection now. The saga continues.......

I wrote to them this A.M.:
1. Here are pictures you wanted
2. Here is video too
3. spots on all
4. pictures no good
5. camera bad defective
6. not 1.3 M or pictures would be better, clear
7. as for pixel
actural information should be what is really in tablet, not what say on your webb site. Your webb site wrong as per book from manufacturer who built tablet.
8. I asked Pay Pal for charge back from

12/27/2010 Mon PAYPAL *GOODSALE200 4029357733 CA 0 $ 239.00
402-9***-7**3
Description
GENERAL ELECTR
Doing Business As: MARK PAYPAL Merchant Address: 2145 ******** AVE
SAN JOSE
CA
95125-5905
UNITED STATES
Reference Number:320103610284531207

Category: Business Services - Internet Services

Last edited by a moderator:

feverhost

Super Moderator
Staff member
Nov 26, 2010
moxiebee: Question... are you seeking a full refund, or a partial refund due to the camera not being 1.3MP as advertised? Also, can you post a link to the actual product that you purchased on their website?

In regards to a tablet that you are searching for... I suggest a higher-end tablet. Such as the Samsung Galaxy Tab (or in the up coming months), the Motorola Xoom. Both of these will be able to play video quite nicely and come with very robust front facing and rear facing cameras.

Last edited:

sinister1

Dec 6, 2010
WOW!!

"we write the information 1.3m pixel on our website all the time.we never don't say it is 200m pixel.
the actual information is base on the information on our website."

Now the $5 question, what does all that gibberish mean?

In case you didn't read about my adventures with them, the one tablet I did get from them also was listed as having 1.3MP, but clearly was not. They offered no explanation to me when I pointed it out to them, they just ignored the problems they didn't want to deal with.

The Galaxy tab looks nice, but,, I'm holding out for a ZOOM myself. HELLO ANDROID 3.0!!

alcassetta

Dec 27, 2010
To Moxiebee
Mine is the model ISOO1413, Has no camera. It is Freestyle A 8 Cortex 8" with 800mhz and 512 ram, built in 4gig memory, Tf slot up to 32 gig. USB 2.0 ,Android 2.2 with 10.1 flash, pretty basic, as is the price $168.00

Last edited:

alcassetta

Dec 27, 2010
To feverhost
My A pad is a 8" screen which has Freestyle A8 Cortex 800MHZ processor with 512Ram, 4 gig.memory with TF slot adding upto 32Gig, No camera, it did not show any camera in description, Android 2.2 with 10.1 flash, 1 USB 2.0 port two speakers, built in microphone, earphone jack, reset port,
Home button, It is ISOO1413 at 168.00 on their site, not the Rk2818 that you guys seem to have!

Last edited:

feverhost

Super Moderator
Staff member
Nov 26, 2010
That was the tablet that I nearly bought... hope you like it! ;)

Sent from my rk2818sdk using Android Tablet Forum App