NowSupplier

alcassetta

Dec 27, 2010
Replacement A Pad shipping after My E mail on 1/15/11 to ***************, requesting better service!
Date/TimeLocationActivity
2011-01-15 19:37:00GUANGZHOU Posting
2011-01-15 20:40:00GUANGZHOU Despatch from Sorting Center
2011-01-15 21:57:00GUANGZHOU Arrival at Sorting Center
2011-01-16 00:03:00GUANGZHOU Despatch from Sorting Center
2011-01-17 10:28:00UNITED STATES OF AMERICA USLAXA Arrival at Sorting Center
2011-01-17 10:29:00UNITED STATES OF AMERICA USLAXA Handed over to Customs
2011-01-18 14:06:00UNITED STATES OF AMERICA USLAXA Released from Customs
2011-01-20 07:19:00UNITED STATES OF AMERICA 97738 Arrival at Delivery Office
2011-01-20 07:20:00UNITED STATES OF AMERICA 85367 Attempted delivery
2011-01-21 16:20 Delivered Yuma Az. 85367, Acceptance signed by A. Cassetta

Last edited:

moxiebee

Dec 28, 2010
Feverhost thanks for those suggestions, I looked, they look great but too expensive for a teacher. What do you suggest in a little lower price range.
Here is todays episode, I woke to this email from our friends at NowSupplier:

Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2011 19:03:16 +0800
Subject: Re: reply your question about samsung s5vp210
To: @live.com

Dear Buyer
online shopping always subject to the informations showed online
if you do dislike it, ship it back to us, you charge yourself the shipping fee as we claimed on our site, so US air mail package is ok, just make sure it is well protected and arrive in well condition
after we receive it we'll keep you informed
our name and address
yan liu
1-6D,QingYuan Bihuatingju Garden,Meihua Road,Futian District,Shenzhen China
Telephone:0755-83219220
best regards

WHAT???????? Does anyone know what that meant? Are they saying, if it says it on line that's what it has to be? Here is my response to that:

Did you look at photos I sent?
Did you look at video I sent, bad picture no sound.
Your webb site not problem, camera defective not as described
THIS NOT MY FAULT
I want all my money back plus shipping
AFTER I get my money back you send me RMA and I send tablet back, you pay shipping
You have many complaints on android tablet forum, go see
http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...ns/2749-nowsupplier-shopping-experiences.html
So many they give you own thread.
I thought you honorable company. Honorable company not do this to customers.
Hope YOU understand

My hubsand had an experience with a watch he bought on line from a vendor in OK.. Got it fine but it didn't work. He contacted them and they also said to send it back and when they got it, they would refund his money. You guessed it. He is now without his money and watch. I'm not falling for that one. I think I'm just going to let paypal resolve it. I have wasted so much time and frustration with this. I noticed that on ebay they are selling a similar machine, same chipset and features for just a little more. One company is in Canada with 99% favorable reviews and another in Cal. also looks like a good co. to deal with. I'll keep you all posted. This getting to be like a soap opera, ha ha.

sinister1

Dec 6, 2010
I love way you talk them, maybe they now understand more clear.

"online shopping always subject to the informations showed online" ITS THEIR INFORMATION, ON THEIR WEBSITE!!!! geeezzzz!! excuses!

feverhost

Super Moderator
Staff member
Nov 26, 2010
I have been notified that the tablet I received was incorrect. It's a 600Mhz (not 800Mhz) processor and runs Android 2.1, not 2.2. I, and others, do not believe that NowSupplier knew of the misrepresentation of this tablet, although I/we hope they fix it on their website. This is not a true Android 2.2 device.

alcassetta

Dec 27, 2010
To feverhost, I presume your tablet is Android 2.2, Can you tell me how to sync it with my desktop to download nook to it from barnes and nobel?

feverhost

Super Moderator
Staff member
Nov 26, 2010
alcassetta: Actually it's a fake Android 2.2. The system shows Android 2.1, but it's actually running an API level of 7, which is Android 2.1

moxiebee

Dec 28, 2010
Feverhost You asked me for a link to what I actually purchased, here it is.
Android 2.2 Samsung S5PV210 ARM CortexTM A8 MID 8 Inch Tablet PC Support Web Flash 3G HDMI Sky Blue - US$ 215.00

feverhost

Super Moderator
Staff member
Nov 26, 2010
Place: NowSupplier
Price: $89
False Specifications: This runs 1.6, not 2.0
Recommendation: Definitely not... plus it appears they shipped an opened box tablet. The screen is severally scratched, and looks horrible!

In October 2006 Android 1.6 was released and the tablet craze started to begin. Within 4 months all Android tablets will shipped with 1.6, and all was great in the world. Flash forward to the end of January 2011 and Android 1.6 is an ancient operating system. The emergence of Android 2.3, and coming very soon Android 3.0, has completely again changed the landscape of the Android operating system. Suffice it to say, it is strongly recommended that you not purchase any tablet that runs anything less than 2.0.

I recently purchased a tablet from NowSupplier that claimed it was running Android 2.0. This was a gift for my daughter as she is also starting to get into the Android craze. Unfortunately when I received the tablet (5 weeks later), it was shipped with Android 1.6. I can tell you from experience that this tablet is barely a capable eBook reader.

Android 1.6 was great in 09’, but in 2011… this tablet might as well be a brick. The browser is insanely slow, the YouTube app barely runs, playing music constantly skips, the eBook reader is sluggish, and the screen is very unresponsive. The tablet comes with a front-facing camera that I doubt is higher than a .3MP camera. It’s just about the worst camera I’ve ever seen on a device.

At this point, with this Android 1.6 tablet, I feel like the $89 price tag was a complete waste of money and time. This is why I strongly suggest that you do not purchase a tablet that runs less than Android 2.0… you will be sorely disappointed!

sinister1

Dec 6, 2010
I really am sorry to hear that,,, did they offer to replace it for you,, I guess that would be another nightmare in its self...
I thought they claimed to check them all out before they shipped them? Is this the one they RE-shipped? How did they explain the used condition, and the scratches?

feverhost

Super Moderator
Staff member
Nov 26, 2010
did they offer to replace it for you
I didn't want to go down that road. I'm thinking about shipping it back for a full refund (minus shipping). It will probably cost me $30.00 to send it back... so might get $56.00 back.

I thought they claimed to check them all out before they shipped them? Is this the one they RE-shipped? How did they explain the used condition, and the scratches?

I'm not sure I read that they do that, they didn't though. Both tablets were re-shipped, but in the same package. They did not explain the scratches and used condition... but i'll get a response from them today.

sinister1

Dec 6, 2010
From post #223 in this thred...

Dear Buyer

thanks for your attention
the star come up according to the price quality, and the review of customers
we test every product before sending them out, and pack it tightly and carefully, if not damaged during the shipping, it will sure ready to use
best wishes

Maybe I misunderstood this.

Roland

Jan 25, 2011
Yeah I think you're right. I bought an android 2.2 9,7" pad from the cect-shop. Three thirds of the tools don't work, youtubevideos can't be played, pictures can only be uploaded as thumbnails and the android market's just full of useless things. You might guess I'd get a little help from my chinese "friends"? No, they're on new years holiday till the end of february. This thing's a real pain in my ....but as one should not throw good money after bad one I'll keep it as a sign never again to buy anything from the chinese market.

tweak_ginger

Jan 25, 2011
There are actually some decent Chinese tablets out there. You just need to buy them from a good US seller. There are a few out there. They support and fix and re-flash and it doesn't cost you an arm and a leg to ship it all over the world. The ZT-180 has been a decent piece of machinery (now with 2.2 - Without full flash). The Infortm X220 (FlyTouch2 remake) has good speed, a webcam. The Apad IMX515 with 2.2 Froyo is a sweet deal.
Just try not to save $10-$20 by buying from China when there are decent sellers of the same models in the US and most support what they sell!