NowSupplier

fishcharmer

Jan 10, 2011
Ordered my Android 2.2 OS Tablet 8 Inch with Freescale iMX515 Cortex A8 Chip, support Flash Player 10,512M RAM from NowSupplier on 1/10/2011. I paid for UPS shipping and after a short delay it was shipped via DHL. For some unknown reason the package was returned to NowSupplier by DHL and they re-shipped using UPS. Received my tablet 1/24. Have been playing with it for a few days now. Seems like a great buy. It meets all the listed specs and even came with the official Market already installed along with another "market" type app. So far the only issue I see is that my 8gb SD card reads as a 3gb card and the screen will not go to sleep, it only dims no matter which setting I have the display on. I installed a couple of different screen lock apps and they seem to shut the screen down but when I press a button to wake it up I just get a complete white screen, I have to hit the reset button to restart the tablet. Anybody else have this issue on a tablet?

feverhost

Super Moderator
Staff member
Nov 26, 2010
From post #223 in this thred...

Dear Buyer

thanks for your attention
the star come up according to the price quality, and the review of customers
we test every product before sending them out, and pack it tightly and carefully, if not damaged during the shipping, it will sure ready to use
best wishes

Maybe I misunderstood this.

NowSupplier contacted me back and said they do verify each package before sending it out. They said maybe "customs" scratched the tablet...hm... i'll be shipping it back this week. The cheap $86 is barely usable.

sinister1

Dec 6, 2010
Do you think there is any truth to this,, " ..any I pad looking tablets are charge 20% duty even it's made in China and retun for refund!" I quoted this from this post.. http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...7-please-dont-risk-money-buy-chinese-pad.html
Just curious..

I imagine they will expect it back before they will offer you a refund, and I wonder who would pay these fees, you? If they are truelly charging this 20% that's just more out of your pocket.
Honestly, I considered sending the one I got from them back, but FED-EX wanted $112 to ship it, $110 to go econemy. Regular 1st class priority mail would have run $41 when I used the USPS website for a guess-tamate. Needless to say, I kept it.

feverhost

Super Moderator
Staff member
Nov 26, 2010
Yea... i'm starting to think I might just be out the $86. I'll write it off as cost of doing business with Chinese vendors :\

moxiebee

Dec 28, 2010
Feverhost: Ouch, can't believe both of the tablets you purchased were junk. So sorry to hear of your experience.
I'm still waiting on Pay Pal's decision. I went on the internet to the site www.SoBuying.com and under "apps" at their home page they have many of the apps you can't download like You Tube, Maps, Facebook and others. Install from the site, just click on the app. Don't try side loading the apk files because they are just shortcuts. It worked from their site fine. They indicate that they will be adding more in the future. So just as I fix one thing I discover another problem. I thought I'd see how well it would multi-task so I mounted it to my laptop (must have sd card in slot for PC to see it) and copied over some music. Played fine, put in earphones and they worked ok, but the speakers don't turn off while the earphones are in. Kinda defeats the whole purpose of the earphones. It multi-tasked just fine while I surfed and played music. Fast processor too bad it has all the other problems. Still wish I could get market but any of the google sites are looking for some files that just isn't there. Tried going through AppBrain, and other app sites but they all eventually send you to the Market, and that just won't work. I am constantly getting a "There's a problem with the certificate at this site" when I'm on the internet to the point of being more than annoying. You have to click continue over an over. Anyone know how to fix that? So bottom line it still has hardware problems, speaker, camera, video no sound horrible pictures and software problems. I got the magnifiying glass and read the whole booklet that came with it and was perplexed at the instructions "USB Driver Installation." They want you to hook the tablet up to the PC with the tablet off. Then they tell you to long press the "Menu" botton and the "Power" button together to, I'm quoting :
"FASTBOOT update System Focus mid device-000" then computerhost pop-up "Android1.0" New hardware installation Wizard dialog box, select " From a list or specific location (Advanced)"and click next as shown below.
What is shown below is a screen shot, with things circled to indicate "choose this" but everything is in CHINESE, like I can really figure that out. Does anyone know what this is all about? Does this mean its rooted? I don't see a Superuser icon.
So let me see now, its going to cost YOU to send back their crap to them. I don't know guys but that's just not right. If they misrepresented, or sent defective products that's fraud and that is not your fault, and shouldn't cost you anything. Their counting on you NOT sending it back. I wish I knew how many of us are their victims to see if maybe we could get a class action sue going. I'm afraid if you do send it back it will be without both you money and the brick. I know I know, it's useless, put its the
point. We're just one forum experiencing these problems with them. Can you imagine how many folks they are ripping off daily. Someone has got to put a stop to this.

tabletguy

Dec 7, 2010
yup. I realized that pretty quickly. You get what you pay for I guess. Usually the chinese will make the cheap tablets but in overall quality, they are low. Can't run anything, battery is terrible, screen is terrible, no marketplace etc. which makes the tablet kind of usless if you ask me. You have to stick to the good brands like viewsonic, notion ink, motorola, htc, and samsung. Even though the brand name tablets are more expensive they are very high quality compared to Chinese crap. The brand name tablets are better value for your money.

min10-2008

Dec 21, 2010
There are actually some decent Chinese tablets out there. You just need to buy them from a good US seller. There are a few out there. They support and fix and re-flash and it doesn't cost you an arm and a leg to ship it all over the world. The ZT-180 has been a decent piece of machinery (now with 2.2 - Without full flash). The Infortm X220 (FlyTouch2 remake) has good speed, a webcam. The Apad IMX515 with 2.2 Froyo is a sweet deal.
Just try not to save $10-$20 by buying from China when there are decent sellers of the same models in the US and most support what they sell!

Have to agree, don't buy anything fr o/seas imports just to save a few bucks. After all the Apple iPod etc., is made in China. It's the after sales service & 'tweakability', which the good ppl of this forum can help with that counts. I'm only worried about $5.00 Au fr an order on 5th Jan still not delivered (HK), but with Chinese New Year you won't get any help till well after 12th Feb, even then the answers don't quite make much sense.

You only get what you pay for so support yr local vendors, keep yr local economy flowing & more importantly keep yr own stress levels down. There's more to life than PCs', laptops, mobile/cell phones or pc tablets. Cheers to all.

ryobigirl

Jan 25, 2011
I guess when it comes to buying we do so much research on the product but not the process. I order from china ALOT I buy my tablets there in bulk and I never Pay duty, they are computers and you must have them declared as such because (at least in Canada) computers are duty free - although i did find out recently that there are other things that pop up if the declared value is over $1600. Just keep in mind when declaring value, wigih out the difference (above board charges) vs (lost or stolen goods) I recently had one unit stolen from a shipment of 20 - Thank goodness it wasn't the whole lot. pros and cons in everything. such is life

sinister1

Dec 6, 2010
"But with Chinese New Year you won't get any help till well after 12th Feb" WHAT?? Are you saying they take a month off and no one will get any help till then?

JBeaver

Feb 2, 2011
"But with Chinese New Year you won't get any help till well after 12th Feb" WHAT?? Are you saying they take a month off and no one will get any help till then?

Seems like it.

I ordered an item from Nowsupplier and another item from some other China site.

Ordered both on Jan 5. Tracking numbers are usually bogus with them, so I didn't bother to check. Month later, first package to arrive was the one from the other China site. After that I decided to see why Nowsupplier was so slow. Went to the website, checked my status. Status states the package has been shipped. But I did not see any tracking number. So I emailed them about the tracking. About 2 days later they replied with a "Sorry we lost your parcel, due to the new years event it'll take another 2 weeks to resend."

feverhost

Super Moderator
Staff member
Nov 26, 2010
After that I decided to see why Nowsupplier was so slow. Went to the website, checked my status. Status states the package has been shipped. But I did not see any tracking number. So I emailed them about the tracking. About 2 days later they replied with a "Sorry we lost your parcel, due to the new years event it'll take another 2 weeks to resend."

That is bad....

Dec 16, 2010
Well.... I finally received (it only took 2 1/2 months) the tablet I ordered and what a piece of garbage! The camera doesn't work, the charging connector broke and there's no dual touch screen. I have had a paypal claim since 1/1/11 and they're just sitting on this dispute until 2/24.

I just can't win!! I'm soo mad at myself for buying this thing. Stay away from Nowsupplier at all cost!!!!!

JBeaver

Feb 2, 2011
Should I just wait or file a Paypal dispute now?

Like my early post, they lost my package and have to resend. But they can't resend till after the China spring festival.

Ordered on Jan 5. Festival ends about Feb 12. That gives less than a week to file a dispute with Paypal.

I know some people don't get their packages as late as 4 months into it. But given their record, you lose all contact with them after 45 days with Paypal.

Dec 16, 2010
Should I just wait or file a Paypal dispute now?

Like my early post, they lost my package and have to resend. But they can't resend till after the China spring festival.

Ordered on Jan 5. Festival ends about Feb 12. That gives less than a week to file a dispute with Paypal.

I know some people don't get their packages as late as 4 months into it. But given their record, you lose all contact with them after 45 days with Paypal.

File NOW! ! ! This the most horrible experience I have with any company (overseas or not). If you get lucky and receive your tablet and it is to your satisfaction you can always close the dispute.

feverhost

Super Moderator
Staff member
Nov 26, 2010
JBeaver: I usually do not give my opinion in regards to vendors, but I'm going to step back from "mod" mode, and recommend that you do in fact file a dispute. Waiting until February 12th, because of a Chinese holiday is unacceptable business practices. EVERYONE else is shipping without any problems....