Nublet guide to your shiny new Flytouch II superpad

Mar 20, 2011
So you have become the proud abet confused owner of a Gome Flytouch Superpad (or a very similar pad based on this setup) and after booting it up for the first time im pretty sure you have some questions, so i suppose somebody had to do this at some stage and it may as well be me.

Flytouch_2_iPad_8_inch_GPS_Android_2_1_1080P_3D_Games_1GB_CPU_Tablet_PC.jpg

The GOME FlyTouch 2 which runs on ANdroid 2.1 has an ARM11 processor at 800 MHz and 256MB of DDR2. Thus equipped, it is capable of playing full HD 1080p video with no jerkiness....yea ok thats enough of that because if you bought this thing without knowing this already....you may not want to go any further.

Stage 1: First boot
:)

On your very first boot of your new pad you will find it sluggish, this is normal and honestly given its price range to be expected.

Turn your pad OFF
and plug in the charger regardless of "out of box" charge level and leave it to charge for at LEAST 12 hours remember this is a very low grade Lithium ion battery and will "chemically lock" itself if not left to prime and charge leaving you with a ghost charge eg: stating it has 90% when in reality its more like 30%.

DO NOT USE THE PAD DURING THIS TIME!
:mad:

BEFORE you start to install apps and the like you really should do the following.

* Take a note of your factory unit number without it you cannot access earlier versions of the units firmware and may not be able to access the Android & Google market.

* Understand that without a functional micro SD card (formatted to FAT32) many apps simply will not work.

* download flytouch-2 generation-1 update 3245 and root your pad by following the in forum instructions to the letter.

LINK: http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...om-flytouch-2-generation-1-update-3245-a.html

Stage 2: Apps and online functionality :cool:

As this pad is capable of browsing the net you will at some stage want to do so but to do that you must set up your pad's WIFI connection. the on pad instructions are pretty easy and if all else fails check to make sure the WIFI switch at the side of your pad is switched on.

Now on to Apps.

* Confirm WIFI connection and press the market place icon, the green English one not the weird shopping cart one.

* Create a Google account (or link to one you already have)

* Download your apps!....

...unless you want paid apps in which case turn off your pad again

At this time paid apps are on the fritz, this does not mean you cannot have them but it will mean having to buy them through your google account on a desktop computer.

* choose the apps you want and pay for them

* Turn on your pad and click on the android market icon and watch as they download and install

yea...its just that easy, makes you wonder what all the QQ is about :confused:

Stage 3: Themes

Ok so you have functionality but lets be honest WoWpad isnt exactly pretty despite the whole pseudo 3D thing with the rotation app box.

* Pick a theme (best bet is on your desktop so you can get a good look at previews etc.)

* Download it ....:rolleyes:

* go to your home page and long click (about 5 seconds) on the HOME button at the top/side of your pad

* select your new theme ( in my case the shiny new Gingerbread theme) and press ok.

Stage 4: 3G functionality

ok this is a biggie so bear with me, you MUST use one of the dongles listed here AND ONLY THESE MODELS as they contain a compatible driver interface setup.

Flytouch2 Support 3G network modem (your best bet is to copy the dongle brand name into ebay)

Huawei EC122
CDMA 2000 1X EV-DO Rev. A(800/1900MHz)
Vtion E1916
Support CDMA 2000 1X-EVDO Rev. A
Support CDMA 800/2100MHz
ZTE AC2376:
Network types: CDMA EVDO REV.A
*(Downward compatible CDMA20001X)
*Support frequency: CDMA800/1900MHZ
Huawei E1750 (WCDMA):
Huawei E1750 Modem(Also AirCard E1750 ) Specifications:
UMTS 2100MHz
GSM/GPRS/EDGE(850/900/1800/1900MHz)
Support:
HSDPA data transfer speed up to 7.2Mbps
HSUPA date transfer speed up to 5.76Mbps.
Support PC voice (optional) and SMS services
Support data statistics
Micro SD card reader (up to 4GB)
Plug & Play
Support Windows 2000/XP/Vista and Mac Operating Systems
Weight:30g
Size Dimensions: 70.1×25.6×11.6mm.

To access to the Internet in 3G mode, you must buy one of the dongles specified above. To do that, you can place a compatable sim card you bought and had activated by your provider into the 3G network adapter, and insert the adapter into the USB port of the device. At the time, the indicator for 3G Internet access will be illuminated. Now simply click the flashing 3G icon.Dont forget to check box in your settings menu for 3G rather than WIFI and turn your WIFI off. you should now see your 3G signal strength indicator which means you have 3G level internet access.

So what you have now is the best the pad is CURRENTLY capable of, its rooted (if you followed the guide) running the best (full functionality) firmware presently available and you are now capable of running all the apps and with a little luck working with functioning 3G. hope this helps :cool:

FAQ:

Q: My Dolphin browser wont let me see flash, how do i fix it?

A: you dont Download Skyfire and browse the sites you want through that :cool:

Q: Can i play Facebook and other flash based games through SkyFire?

A: nope sorry not at the moment its only a flash "Viewer" eg: Animations, movies, youtube etc

Q: But i can see the flash game loading i just cant click on it!

A: yeaaa, i did warn you, its a flash "viewer" and on screen interaction isn't presently available, this IS being looked into but isn't quite ready yet.

Q: will this pad run Android 2.2?

A: we are working on it as a community, rumour has it one team has it functional but are withholding it for some undisclosed reason. :(

ok thats it for this very basic guide and remember if you have questions read my sig :p

in order to keep this thread bumped i will be taking at least one other post space for updates snatched from other users.

Last edited:
Mar 20, 2011
Update:

Stage 5: Battery life*:mad:
*Support supplied from cruxade

You may have noticed diminishing returns or increasingly long charging times with your FT2 thanks to community member cruxade there is a way around this issue:

* Power on my FT2 with the AC still attached after charging.

* Download and use the OverCharge! app to show my battery level, you may notice that very little charging is taking place, this is normal

* leave your tablet on (unlock the screen) with the Ac plugged in.

* Note that the battery level will quickly rise to 100% in about 2~3 minutes.

* Then I removed the plug and shutdown/sleep to preserve charge.

I have tried this and was able to sustain a charge sans wifi watching video and playing music for roughly 3-4 hours.

Last edited:

Zombie

Apr 27, 2011
I am in dire need of help. I'm helping my cousin put a GPS on his new Superpad and its coming up that we are in China.... I'm nowhere nere China, Im in the US in Pa.. Why is it coming up that I'm halfway across the world and how do I fix it..

Mar 20, 2011
I am in dire need of help. I'm helping my cousin put a GPS on his new Superpad and its coming up that we are in China.... I'm nowhere nere China, Im in the US in Pa.. Why is it coming up that I'm halfway across the world and how do I fix it..

clear your system cache and reboot.

BTW: its bad protocol to only post two identical posts across two topics when you already have a topic you started yourself asking this question

jamse

May 22, 2011
Hi Aries,

Thanks for the guide - helpful stuff.

I have one of these devices. I've got it running the 3245 firmware which seems good.

At step 5 you recommend using "OverCharge! app" to look at the battery. Do you have any advice on how / where to get that? It doesn't seem to be in the App Store. There is something called Overcharged (with a "d", without the "!"). Is that what I want, or is it something different.

Also, a couple of other queries.

This firmware comes with Dolphin HD browser. It seems like it has a lot of functions, but it's probably too resource intensive for the device. Is it possible to access Google's stock browser at all?

Also, you give advice on how to root the device. I'm happy to give that a whirl at some point, but not sure what it's for. Could you include any information on what sort of stuff is possible with a rooted tablet that isn't if you don't root it?

Thanks,
Jamse

stacem

Jun 1, 2011
Hi Aries. Yes i read the sig but perhsps you know a bit more than I an u can unconfuse me. Sommethings wrong. Everytime I go to use the market I get this in your face ugly system error with the option to try again..go back or of course cancel. Ugh plz help. And thanks